Delve» Forums » General

Subject: More cards and tiles for KS goals please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just watched Rahdo's run through and found the game is very intriguing. I like narrative game like Tales of the Arabian Night or the upcoming Near and Far, and I think Delve has the potential to be an excellent narrative game with unique tile laying mechanic.

For future stretch goal (or maybe extra expansion sold as add on), please strengthen this story telling/adventure aspect! Here are some of my ideas, I try to keep them simple and easy to do:

- more exploration cards, with stories depicting a themed dungeon. Tomb of the Lich Lords might have the story paragraphs tells us about skeletons , vampires and such. Use keywords such as "undead", "elementals" etc on the story.

- expand the characters and their abilities, relating them with the new keywords. For the example, a new Cleric character has 2 white die and "+1 red die against undead".

- boss tile(s) with its own encounter cards to keep it fresh. Maybe a tile called Lich Throne Room with 5-10 different exploration cards. Whenever a player put a character to that tile, they draw one encounter with the boss randomly and everyone in the room has to fight the boss. If more than one player is in the room, they fight each other after killing the boss to determine who gets the treasure.

Etc.

I am really excited for the game and hopefully, it can be a popular game with lots of expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cool ideas in here. Def some things to consider for future content. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
Some cool ideas in here. Def some things to consider for future content. Thanks!

I am glad that you like the idea. Hopeful to see them in future content!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. There's room to grow the game, but we like to start with a strong core design. Richard and Peter gave us that in spades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great ideas Yoga and glad you share in the excitement!! We are very proud of this game and I believe it has a bright future ahead of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.