Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
can you do that? my opponent was really annoyed i kept trapping his goblins and he said that it's broken and make's no sense every goblin he plays costs 2 cards

trap first 1,trap 2nd the other turn, lose 4 cards that way

legal? what can you do to fight this>?

Avenger X seems strong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimstringer wrote:
can you do that? my opponent was really annoyed i kept trapping his goblins and he said that it's broken and make's no sense every goblin he plays costs 2 cards

Avenger X seems strong

Yes you can. It's actually mentioned in the rules, page 6: "If the first Bakuto you played is trapped [...] the next Bakuto you will play will cost you two (2) cards from your hand to recruit, no matter what".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Grimstringer wrote:

Avenger X seems strong

Yes you can. It's actually mentioned in the rules, page 6: "If the first Bakuto you played is trapped [...] the next Bakuto you will play will cost you two (2) cards from your hand to recruit, no matter what".

what is a nice strategy to counter this kind of play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimstringer wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Grimstringer wrote:

Avenger X seems strong

The game's called tactics for a reason: you cannot plan a strategy. You can only rely on what you have in hand. Trapping Avenger X or destroying it is your best bet. Forcing your opponent to discard should help as well.
Otherwise, just pass, let your opponent exhaust his options, and then when your cards are free, strike back. This game is the perfect example of "it's not over 'till it's over". You can always come back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Grimstringer wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Grimstringer wrote:

Avenger X seems strong

The game's called tactics for a reason: you cannot plan a strategy. You can only rely on what you have in hand. Trapping Avenger X or destroying it is your best bet. Forcing your opponent to discard should help as well.
Otherwise, just pass, let your opponent exhaust his options, and then when your cards are free, strike back. This game is the perfect example of "it's not over 'till it's over". You can always come back.

problem is he gives you an extra turn and he is not free so he cant be destroyed, and there arent level 1s that can trap..but yeah you can always come back i guess. unless if he keeps trapping your last monster,and has like 6-7 gobs and you have 1-2 it was pretty unfair tbh, anyway thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimstringer wrote:
problem is he gives you an extra turn and he is not free so he cant be destroyed, and there arent level 1s that can trap..but yeah you can always come back i guess. unless if he keeps trapping your first monster it was pretty unfair tbh, anyway thanks

The player who plays Avenger X will eventually run out of cards in hand or cards to trap. Worst case scenario, you discard 4 cards, play 3, and have 0 cards in hand, refilling up to 7 at the start of your next round, with all your cards free. Your opponent can only mutate that many times, and Avenger X only gives an extra turn when it comes into play. You should be able to play a red skulled card at one point to weaken its position or eventually dispatch him. Trapping him is an option as well. It really depends on what you have in hand.

With that being said, Gosu is notoriously know for being an unbalanced game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hakim Rahme
msg tools
Quote:

Use goblins with extra turns when come into play, and focusing on one color in the beginning. You can include colors later by mutating. Goblins with low mutation cost (like the Recruiter or Prescient) are a great way to get more colors later

Quote:
Avenger X seems strong

He is! Especially when played on turn 1. The best way to deal with him is to draw a lot of cards early. Avenger X is pretty aggressive and if you can outdraw your opponent, you can withstand the attack, force them to pass first and still come up with enough combos to pass ahead. Goblins like Seer (Seer X even better), Time, or Prahs are really good to gain you time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.