Space Hulk (fourth edition)» Forums » General

Subject: what background music do you prefer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aris da
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i am listening to http://tabletopaudio.com/ it has some cool ambient music for space hulk especially the derelict freighter is the most appropriate what ambient music do you prefer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This:
https://youtu.be/5n8iU7abqkQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Profane Grace will set the mood for a Hulk floating in the dead of space and a Space Marine team being sent on a mission they know they are not coming back from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MintyTheCat Cat
msg tools
I find the british Death-Metal band Bolt-Thrower to be quite fitting some how for that "in the thick of it and no wy to survive" kind of feeling but I agree that the ambient derelict effects are good.

Ideally, some kind of sequencing of layers of samples over some kind of varying accompaniment would be ideal for SH.

Thanks for pointing out the site with the sound files, OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

...and of course the inevitable soundtracks of Space Marine and Dawn of War I and II.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, as much as I love ambience, I used to try to use music like that for D&D games and for games like Space Hulk, but I find it to be more of a distraction than a help, so I don't use it anymore.

Having said that, Tabletop Audio was one of the better ones I've tried. The Aliens soundtrack is great, too. And I like the suggestion above of using the Quake soundtrack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was a teen I made a cassette including music from Prokofiev's "Alexander Nevskij" and "Ivan the Terrible" and from Gustav Holst "The Planets"...
Try them!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:
When I was a teen I made a cassette including music from Prokofiev's "Alexander Nevskij" and "Ivan the Terrible" and from Gustav Holst "The Planets"...
Try them!!!!

I agree, "The Planets" is amazing. I have a symphonic recording of that and agree it would be good for this purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
My friend and I almost always play SH with Aliens on in the background!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.