Subject: Adventure pack cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan E.

Lawrence
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Been playing the core for a couple months and finally opened my first AP (Hunt for Gollum). Should I assume that the included hero/attachment/event cards will all be beneficial in building a deck to beat the quest? That each card was designed for the quest with which it was included? Or is that not necessarily the case with an lcg?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Duke
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the LotR LCG, the designers design all the player cards in a cycle together and then allocate them to the individual adventure packs. There are certainly cases where particular player cards are obviously related, thematically or for playing purposes, to the pack they come in, but you shouldn't assume this is going to be true for more than a couple of cards per pack, for the most part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan E.

Lawrence
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Good to know, thanks! I wasn't sure if I was pretty much expected to toss in all the new cards to a deck and then supplement with core cards. Sounds like not necessarily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've kept the same basic Leadership/spirit deck as I've been working through the mirkwood set, and each time just looking at the new cards to decide if they are suitable or not.

The odd pack I've almost added zero cards as they just didn't add anything I frt was useful to my current deck.

Best of luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated, the new cards tend to be more generally than specificly applicable. OTOH, the new quests often make you go dig back into your collection for player cards you previously might have left out of your decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.