Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Clements
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been searching around and can't seem to find clear answers to the following.
Ive actually read post's that have contradicted each other. I have the deluxe game.

I'm assuming that when the description on the leader doesn't have bold writing like 'action' or 'range attack' that it's more like an on going effect or ability that you can use in every wave, it's permanent, continuously on.

But when you have these words in bold,
Action
Long action
Ranged attack
Limited action
Free action
Spell
That they can only be used when in the flank wave.

Then a question arises because of the limited action which the rules state can be only used once per round.
Dose this mean 'action's that leaders have can be used twice in the flank wave?

I assume you can't use 'range attack' twice as its an attack.

And then can spells be used twice in one turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
dacgaron wrote:
I've been searching around and can't seem to find clear answers to the following.
Ive actually read post's that have contradicted each other. I have the deluxe game.

I'm assuming that when the description on the leader doesn't have bold writing like 'action' or 'range attack' that it's more like an on going effect or ability that you can use in every wave, it's permanent, continuously on.

But when you have these words in bold,
Action
Long action
Ranged attack
Limited action
Free action
Spell
That they can only be used when in the flank wave.

Then a question arises because of the limited action which the rules state can be only used once per round.
Dose this mean 'action's that leaders have can be used twice in the flank wave?

I assume you can't use 'range attack' twice as its an attack.

And then can spells be used twice in one turn?

That's incorrect.
On your Leader, anything that relates to an Action can be used any wave. So, Action:, Long Action:, Limited Action: and Free Action: can be used ANY wave. A Limited Action can be used once per WAVE.
These are not tied to your Leader, they're tied to you, the player. The Leader grants them to you.

Ranged Attack and Spell, however, are the Leader's own movements, so they can only be used in the Flank wave, and only once per Leader, the same as Heroes. If you attack, you can't cast the Spell, if you cast the Spell, you can't attack, etc.

If it's just a passive effect, it's ongoing all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Clements
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for quick reply.

Does that mean Action and free action can be used more than once in each wave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
dacgaron wrote:
Thanks for quick reply.

Does that mean Action and free action can be used more than once in each wave?

Yes.
That's why you'll also find "Limited Free Action". It's also free, but you can't use it more than once per wave like you could for a regular "Free Action".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Clements
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant thank you.

Think I got to make myself a quick reference sheet so I don't forget :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.