GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,865 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Flick 'em Up!» Forums » Variants

Subject: Dynamite Range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone experimented with expanding the dynamite range? We played with it for the first time last night and everyone at the table seemed to think that one bullet width was awful small. We were thinking like two movement discs would make more sense (and be more accurate).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
we've always played it's the distance of a disc from the Dynamite. Otherwise it's pretty useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own round template and it is at least 2 large discs wide, maybe 3 on every side--otherwise, no one hits anything with it.

I cut out the center (which is the size of the dynamite) and place it over the place where the dynamite lands:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, glad I'm not the only one who thought it was pretty much pointless as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Fadigan
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
slydog75 wrote:
Has anyone experimented with expanding the dynamite range? We played with it for the first time last night and everyone at the table seemed to think that one bullet width was awful small. We were thinking like two movement discs would make more sense (and be more accurate).

A bullet width?

We've always played it as written:

"At the end of the dynamite’s movement, it explodes, inflicting damage to any cowboy, object, or building within the blast range of the dynamite (the width one movement disc).

Works fine that way. Dynamite should be hard to use effectively outdoors, where cowpokes could be thought to be abstractly "diving for cover".

IMHO .... The REAL place that dynamite shines, is when it's tossed into a building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.