13 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: This ok ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mats Wallin
msg tools
Using Brisban i do following.
1.Receive 1 fatigue to move 1 step and get adjacent to monster.
2.Attack monster rolling 4 hearts and 2 surges (monster roll blank)
4.Do 4 damage to monster and using 1 surge as recover 1 stamina (return the 1 fatigue from step 1)
5.Since adjacent to Avric using his Heroic Ability i can also recover 1 HP for the other surge i rolled on attack or can i use my surges and additionally recover HP ?
So i could use 1 surge for recover a stamina and other surge for adding damage and then also recover 2 HP being adjacent to Avric ?

6. Then i make another attack since first move was using a stamina not counting as a move action ?

7.Then use more stamina to move again ?

Im playing Descent Road to Legend with the Android app and never played Descent before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryuhi Hikari
Germany
Georgia
flag msg tools
In Descent, every surge can only be used once; also, every surge abuility (the automatic one surge for on fatigue, the surge abilities printed on your weapon cards, something like Avric's Hero Ability, etc.) can only be used ONCE per attack.

Quote:
So i could use 1 surge for recover a stamina and other surge for adding damage and then also recover 2 HP being adjacent to Avric ?

So this is out, both because you would effectively use four instead of two surges AND because you would be using the surge ability granted by Avric's ability twice.

6. Moving through fatigue is never considered an action, nor does it require a move action, so you can move with fatigue before and after each action you take and of course you can also use fatigue you have recovered through a surge or similar in the same turn.

The only thing which you could not do would be to use a rest action and then use fatigue to move after you recover all your fatigue at the end of your turn (because then your turn of course has ended and nothing which is to be done during your turn can be used until your next turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Wallin
msg tools
Thanks alot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Wallin
msg tools
ok so next question ...

Minion Zombie attacks med with 3 hearts and 1 surge.
I roll 3 Shields.
He cant use his surge to Disease me since he missed so then he use it for +1 heart and then he hits me but i dont get diseased ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. If he spends the surge on +1, he is NOT spending it on disease, so the attack results do not gain disease. If he spent the surge on disease (instead of on +1), the attack would deal no damage (3-3=0) and so you would not be inflicted with disease.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything in your original post is legal except for the 5th point:

zwalder wrote:
5.Since adjacent to Avric using his Heroic Ability i can also recover 1 HP for the other surge i rolled on attack or can i use my surges and additionally recover HP ?

You can only spend each surge once and you can only trigger each surge ability once per attack. So in your example you can choose how to spend your 2 surges.

You can choose to:

- recover 1 fatigue
- use a surge ability from your weapon (such as adding 1 damage)
- use the ability from Avric to recover 1 health.

But you can only spend each surge once, so you have to chose which 2 abilities you use. As the game progresses you may gain lots of different ways to spend surges, but you can always only spend each surge once.

zwalder wrote:
ok so next question ...

Minion Zombie attacks med with 3 hearts and 1 surge.
I roll 3 Shields.
He cant use his surge to Disease me since he missed so then he use it for +1 heart and then he hits me but i dont get diseased ?

It is important to note that he did not miss this attack. You blocked all of his damage, but he did not miss. That is an important distinction. In order to apply a condition the attack usually needs to do at least 1 damage. The zombie rolled a single surge and, as we discussed, can only spend that surge once. The options are:

- Disease
- +1 damage

He cannot apply disease because his attack did not do damage (3 hearts vs 3 shields). So the zombie will use his surge to apply +1 damage. The hero now suffers 1 damage (4 hearts vs 3 shields) and is not Diseased.

An interesting side-note; when an attack would miss (i.e. either the cross is rolled on the blue die, or insufficient range was rolled), no surges can be spend (with the important exception of surges that add range). So in that case no damage can be added, no conditions applied and no fatigue recovered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Wallin
msg tools
Once again thanks a lot now i can continue my game !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Wallin
msg tools
Im playing first side quest on normal mode using the APP Descent road to legend.
Im using two player rules with an extra attack or gain 2 HP every round.

The question is ... when i have 3 zombies in map and app tell me to spawn two more do i follow the Zombie group rule only allow 2 minions and one master or do i keep spawning them ....
It do not say ignore group limits in text only to spawn 2 more zombies.

(i now have 8 monsters on my map and it seems a bit much for my 2 heroes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore group limits (for a 2 player game in your case) only if explicitly instructed by the app. Do not spawn additonal zombies when 1 master and 2 minons are on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Wallin
msg tools
Thanks .. then it will much easier and i might finish a quest for first time !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadgit wrote:
Ignore group limits (for a 2 player game in your case) only if explicitly instructed by the app. Do not spawn additonal zombies when 1 master and 2 minons are on the map.

Oh, I actually hadn't realized this point.
I have been ignoring anything that exceeds the monster limits for x number of players...
Was that in the RtL rulebook? I don't recall reading that.

When the app tells me to spawn a monster, and I have yet to reduce the group in question's numbers below limits... I have been ignoring the add.
I am wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app does not know if you have killed a monster. It only knows when you have killed a monster group. So when it instructs you to place reinforcements, you should only place reinforcements when you have killed some of them (unless the app instructs you to ignore group limits).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, right. Sorry... read the entire thing wrongly. Bravo for reading and comprehension.

You absolutely take into consideration monster limits.
Sorry for my inanities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.