Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the new expansion leader, bible, and beast tiles the art and symbols used are different than used in the game. I am even almost convinced the people and creatures themselves were drawn by a different artist. This bothers me a little from an artistic and visual perspective, but it doesn't affect game play at all.
It does add more confusion into the development process of this edition and the partnership between Academy and Asyncron. I can think of two reasons Academy produced the tiles this way. One - these were grafic art placeholders, and then they just rushed and released them this way to save time and money. Or two - the agreement/relationship/rights between the two companies did not allow for the same art symbols/new tiles to be released without a new agreement and that didn't happen.
I love this game and played the original version many times, so I was one of the first people to back this version on kickstarter. I also think the new version is a better game for the most part, and looks great. But I do wonder about the behind the scenes stuff, and I don't know if I will be backing many more kickstarter projects, they all seem to get crazy in one way or another. I hope the designer, Serge Laget, got a fair deal out of it. Regardless of all this, Thanks for an awesome game to all the people that worked on it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the 3 mini expansions were produced without the license, as none of them carry the name Mare Nostrum, only Empires.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, which seems very odd to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.