Subject: Question about different miniature poses. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Gremlins. Since every miniature in the game will have its own pose, I keep wondering if this feature will be useful beyond just looking good. Will the enemy cards also feature different artwork corresponding to the different poses so that its always clearly visible which enemy is controlled by which player? Or will we get another sheet of stickers like with Galaxy Defenders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmmm... Since this is a very easy question to answer I keep wondering if it's just my English that makes the question not understanable. Do I use the word "pose" correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gorkar,

Not having the game yet I really don't know.

It is probably the case that a lot of people are like me and are not answering because they genuinely do not know. Just replying to a thread to say 'I don't know' seems counter productive and not very helpful... which is why I didn't reply previously.

I hope someone comes along can answer your query.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt it will add anything other than a bit of diversity on the game board.

The different poses were a stretch goal and are not part of the initial game design, after all.

As for which enemy is controlled by which player, that is what the colors are for.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
I doubt it will add anything other than a bit of diversity on the game board.

Agreed - aesthetics only.

BUT - if I remember correctly, they are releasing all the card templates (please confirm/deny, I might be thinking of another campaign) and therefore people could make different poses have different AI if desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:

As for which enemy is controlled by which player, that is what the colors are for.

Um. No.
The colors differentiate between the different levels of an enemy with green being weak ones, blue being normal and red being elite enemies. Often players only play one tier of a given monster, but its not like all green ones 'belong' to one player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
kilrah wrote:
Thanee wrote:

Um. No.
The colors differentiate between the different levels of an enemy with green being weak ones, blue being normal and red being elite enemies. Often players only play one tier of a given monster, but its not like all green ones 'belong' to one player.

When the second of a set enemy & colour is revealed it is assigned to the player controlling the original one.

So one player will control 2x green gremlin another blue ones etc, now that doesn't mean one player will control all green enemies but you don't have to organise who is playing green gremlin 1 & green gremlin 2.

The question is how do you tell the first & second of the same colour apart? The answer is use common sense & tokens.

They might have updated the art on the cards but I doubt it would be expensive + players would have to start matching the model to the card for every new enemy + the art only shows from one direction once on the table it be hard to tell anyway.

If you're really bothered you could get base rings I suppose or paint a ring around one of the bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkmancer wrote:
kilrah wrote:
Thanee wrote:

Um. No.

When the second of a set enemy & colour is revealed it is assigned to the player controlling the original one.

So one player will control 2x green gremlin another blue ones etc, now that doesn't mean one player will control all green enemies but you don't have to organise who is playing green gremlin 1 & green gremlin 2.

The question is how do you tell the first & second of the same colour apart? The answer is use common sense & tokens.

They might have updated the art on the cards but I doubt it would be expensive + players would have to start matching the model to the card for every new enemy + the art only shows from one direction once on the table it be hard to tell anyway.

If you're really bothered you could get base rings I suppose or paint a ring around one of the bases.
who is optimistic we will see this game by august?shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tootz wrote:

By August? 2017?? laugh

No seriously, I think the "by August" is aggressive. If it happens, great, but going by the latest update, I wouldn't be surprised if this is more of a Sept/Oct delivery (assuming nothing drastic happens).

It was very good to see the game in various states of production. I was pleased to see the progress (unlike several other KSers I've backed who are woefully silent when it comes to production updates arrrh).

Don't get me wrong, I am disappointed in the delays - BUT I still have high expectations and believe those expectations will be met - albeit not within the timeframe I want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
tootz wrote:

By August? 2017?? laugh

No seriously, I think the "by August" is aggressive. If it happens, great, but going by the latest update, I wouldn't be surprised if this is more of a Sept/Oct delivery (assuming nothing drastic happens).

It was very good to see the game in various states of production. I was pleased to see the progress (unlike several other KSers I've backed who are woefully silent when it comes to production updates arrrh).

Don't get me wrong, I am disappointed in the delays - BUT I still have high expectations and believe those expectations will be met - albeit not within the timeframe I want.

problem is with this one..every update seemed to just say "change of plan and its going to be later"
I mean since the KS started we have had....
october release date [estimate]...then we were told we are going to split it into two.so,we can make sure you get it before xmas.and the second wave first quarter 2017.
surprise surprise ..didn't happen!.
then we were told we would get first wave before cny..and no mention of second wave...and guess what??...didn't happen...
sooooo we were told [surprise surprise] that we missed cny shipping [no s**t.and it would be shipped after it strangely enough no ball park dates
and again no mention at all of the "second wave" or should we call it the phntom wave?...no, been a pretty poorly run ks campaign. from the start.its looking like wellover 2 years probably nearer 3 before we get it all...not acceptable..neither gremlin or Ares are small first timers so only excuse they can use..and have a few times is the old chesnut"production problems"...we backers deserve to be treated better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sigh. It will get here.

And it is nowhere near "pretty poorly run KS campaign". It might clearly not be the best one, sure, but it is well above the average in my book and KS experience so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@ Tootz: I think it's really rude of you to hijack each and every thread, complaining about the same issue again and again and again. You don't even try to contribute to the topics discussion.

@Everyone else: I just thought it would be a good idea to put the fact that every miniature is unique to use. Galaxy Defenders had those horrible sticker sheets with one or two dots that you could glue to your miniatures and the corresponding cards. I was really hoping to get a qick answer from Simone how this will be tackled in Sword & Sorcery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.