GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,154 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Craig Southworth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing Adventure Pack 2 the other night and i encountered the villain Caizarlu Zerren. I can't remember the exact wording but i'm sure it was something along the lines of before encountering Caizarlu, spawn a Zombie Minion and encounter that.

So here's the question. What happens if i don't defeat the Zombie Minion? Which is exactly what happened to me. Do i not get to encounter Caizarlu and have him escape to another location? Or do we move straight on to the second combat and i get to attempt to take out Caizarlu?

Additionally what happens to the Zombie Minion that i didn't defeat? Does that just go back in the box? Or does that too escape to a location? I doubt it's the latter as the locations could quite easily get over-run.

We did have several other questions during this scenario but they we found most of what we were stuck on either on the internet or in the manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You resolve the zombie encounter including damage and then move on to the vilian. Regardless summoned creatures return to the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we play, if you can't get past the minion, the villian gets away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Voigt
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin is correct, unless the villain card says that the zombie must be defeated. That being said, one of the coolest things about this game is that you can kind of house rule things however you want to make it harder. So enjoy that too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing to remember with summoned minions is that they don't provide an opportunity to close a location. It's really easy to overlook this because the minion card might mention closing a location after defeating the card and the game has rules for "doing what the card says"; however, the rule book has a section that explains how to handle summoned minions - It's basically encounter the card then return it to the box whether you defeat it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caizarlu Zerren wrote:
Before the encounter, each character at this location must summon and encounter a Zombie Minion henchman.

(Note such wording is "Before you act" in later sets.)

The Zombie is just an annoyance. Regarding of the outcome of these encounters, you proceed to the villain check to defeat. (You can even evade the Zombies.)

As has been said, summoned cards always return to the box, unless the card that summoned them says otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus Caizarlu Zerren is bad enough when you keep rolling 1 or 2 after smacking him down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yep the "annoyance" is you may take damage and burn cards in the summoning/fighting of the Zombie, then you are at a disadvantage with the villain fight!!!

Good Luck!

ArrOOoo!

I HATE Shark Island!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jahhdog wrote:

ArrOOoo!

I HATE Shark Island!!!

Ha! Now that's funny! Shark Island was indeed AWFUL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.