Subject: Random glitches rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Strandberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Hey!
So first I haven't even played the game but while sleeves the damage cards (I'm guessing that is what they are called) it hit me that it might be more fun to randomize the glitches.

So, I thought if you draw the "Glitch" card, you roll the D6 dice twice and switch the two numbers. I'd you roll the same number two times in a row; you go lucky and no change.

If you draw "Major glitch", simply roll 6 times, switching slots 3 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they are randomized already. That's what the cards are for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alxmss wrote:
Hey!
So first I haven't even played the game but while sleeves the damage cards (I'm guessing that is what they are called) it hit me that it might be more fun to randomize the glitches.

So, I thought if you draw the "Glitch" card, you roll the D6 dice twice and switch the two numbers. I'd you roll the same number two times in a row; you go lucky and no change.

This was our original method for glitches, but we found that it really slowed the game down in playtests. Your milage may vary, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Strandberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Riot Kades wrote:
alxmss wrote:
Hey!

This was our original method for glitches, but we found that it really slowed the game down in playtests. Your milage may vary, though.

Hey!
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
That's very interesting, I didn't think of that. Speed is always desirable, to the point that making the events more static can be worth it.

I'll be playing my first game on Tuesday.
Really looking forward to it!

@haslo : sure, in a way, but it is always the same slots being switched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
alxmss wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

Hey!
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
That's very interesting, I didn't think of that. Speed is always desirable, to the point that making the events more static can be worth it.

I'll be playing my first game on Tuesday.
Really looking forward to it!

@haslo : sure, in a way, but it is always the same slots being switched.

Not every glitch card swaps the same two slots, so there's still plenty of variety in the glitches!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.