Justa Guy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump: The Game is not a 1 star game. At worst it is a 4 or 5. My family has played the game for years and we like it (7 or 8).

Too many "gamers" on here(that don't own the game and have never played it) are posting 1 stars because he won the election and they don't like it.

This website is supposed to be a community of people who love board games.

Posting 1 stars because you didn't want him to win the election does not help this community. It actually hurts it and reduces the value in the ratings system.

I would like to see moderators remove all the 1 star rating that appear to be politically motivated, if that's even possible. There is a 99% chance that if the rating was given in 2016, by someone who doesn't own the game, it was politically motivated and should be removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same treatment happened to the clinton-based games. Bgg is very subjective to ratings. The admins have a hatd time taking free speech away from users. Because tbe ratings system is so subjective, the admins can not force people to vote "correctly" as there is no set way. One user on here who own about 100 games tops, in one day rated 2000 games a 1. Another user rates things with a 5 if they don't want to look at it since the red color stands out clearly to avoid it. It is not a perfect system. Until there are 10000 or so ratings, most games' rating won't be "realistic".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
People can grow out of immaturity. Stupid lasts forever.

Look at all the folks who gave GW games a 1 because the opposed company policy of protecting IP material and forcing unapproved material to be pulled from BGG. Their motivation had nothing to do with the quality or game play of the games.

Look at
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
who rates thousands of games a "1" that they don't own, and without commentary; yet BGG does nothing.

Cupcake Nation feels entitled to win, even when they're not the winner. Hence the EXPLOSION of co-op games. The emotion of losing runs so deep with no way to cope with it, causing a lashing out at anything that it can be deflected on associated with the loss rather than just accepting and dealing with it, or heaven forbid, learning from it. Hence all the 1 ratings for the game. And it's truly hilarious as you pointed out in the ratings. I went and checked the ratings for the game and the bulk of the "1" ratings were given in November 2016. Eliminate any rating given after October 2016 and you're right about where the real rating for the game would fall.

Just don't expect BGG to do anything about it. Here's their policy:
Quote:
How Do I Report Someone Rating Large Numbers of Games 1s?

The short answer: unless they are a bot, you don't. Everyone is allowed to rate games whatever they want for whatever reason. We do not police user ratings, nor do we dictate what criteria someone uses to rate games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This should belong in the s/r/p threads. Not much about this game in here anymore. Mainly a ratings complaint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone is allowed to give any game any rating for any reason.

Thread Locked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.