Víctor Andrade
Mexico
León de los Aldama
Guanajuato
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hello, my kid is a big fan of mouses, so i want to retheme a game for him so he can play alone and with friends.

i am planning in use some illustrations of mouse guard for this one and i have collected several of them but i am not sure about what kind of game is best.

he is 4 (5 in march)YO, i am thinking in a lite version of Hanamikojior Labyrinth but i am still not sure.

any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe try to get a copy of Château Roquefort? Its recommended age is closer to your kid's and no re-theme is necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
China Moon. ?
China Moon may work for you.
Current theme and rules are downloadable.
Retheme might need distinguishable mice pawns.
Simple rules from memory.
Though game's page does say 6+, I think a gaming 5yo could be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
If you have access to a band saw or the equivalent, you could make a custom Animal Upon Animal set with mice. As GSReis suggests, you could also just go for existing mouse-related games--my suggestion in that vein would be Viva Topo!, as the mice are super cute. You could also pick up Mice and Mystics and use the components for something simpler; the mouse minis could play the role of characters from Clue Jr.: The Case of the Missing Cake or (shudder) Candy Land, for example.

But, sticking with your original plan of using Mouse Guard illustrations, you could print them onto heavy cardstock or chipboard and make a custom version of Go Away Monster! in which, rather than trying to furnish a room, you're trying to assemble an adventuring party.

Alternatively, you could just do UNO, or standard playing cards. If Mickey Mouse is good enough, these can just be purchased, or you could print out your own (and perhaps sleeve them with thematically appropriate sleeves).

I think a lot of popular kids' games have a substantial toy factor which will be difficult to replicate (unless you just want to buy Mouse Trap) with something print-and-play. Max might work with very little alteration, though, and has the benefit of being easily played solo even by a five-year-old. There are a lot of co-ops I've played with young kids, but they mostly benefit from an adult as one of the players. For solo play, Max is the best option with which I'm familiar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheese Chasers of course !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Víctor Andrade
Mexico
León de los Aldama
Guanajuato
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for all your suggestions, for Chateau Roquefort seems nice but i do want to craft something for he but i will put it on my list of things to buy.

China Moon seems nice i have downloaded some things from the file section.

i do not have access to a band saw, but to a laser cut yes so animal upon animal can be done and i have never thought that someone will suggest candyland, Go away monster as an assembly an adventure party is a cool idea.

Viva Topo, Max and Cheese Chasers seems like the ones that fit more the likes of my kid.

thanks you guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the Desert

You may need to simplify the rules a bit for a child so young, but that could be fairly easily done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
You may want to look at Sequence for Kids or Sorry!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.