7 Posts

Forbidden Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Treasure moving from one treasure tile to another rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Denoon-Stevens
South Africa
flag msg tools
Hi, we are trying to figure this out: If treasure is on a tile, and the tile sinks, but the other corresponding treasure tile has not sunk, are you able to move the treasure to the un-sunk tile? For example, temple of the moon sinks with earth treasure on it, can you move it to temple of the sun?

Our logic in this regard is the rules state you lose if,"1.If both Temples, Caves, Palaces, or Gardens tiles sink before you collect their respective treasures."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The treasures are not placed on the tiles. When you have the required number of treasure cards, you can go and find the treasure by discarding the treasure cards in either one of the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
You don't put the treasures on the tiles. Keep them off on the side of the play area. You can claim a treasure from any one of the two tiles. If both tiles of any one treasure are sunk, you lose.

Edit... ninja'd !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The treasure pieces are really just a bonus in this game, they're not actually needed for game play. They could have easily been replaced with a tick in a box saying "We've collected the fire treasure!" - However, I love that Gamewright made these really cool pieces you can play with. Totally unnecessary for the game play but lovely to play with nonetheless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Denoon-Stevens
South Africa
flag msg tools
Thanks all for the help with this! Makes a lot more sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antwan Martin

California
msg tools
Though it is fun to play a variation where you start the game by placing the treasures on the gameboard at the start of the game.

see https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1050536/added-difficulty-as...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with my nephew and niece last week, and they insisted we put the treasures on the tile with our meeples (from MeepleSource) when they were acquired, and then the meeple 'carried' them whenever they moved until we finished the game. (And yes, we won!)

It was good fun to do it this way, I might use it for future games with whoever I play with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.