Mike Paladin
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh - I think that my group has gotten yet another rule wrong.

I believe that the corporation that owns the Tunnel Blasting Company (TBC) enjoys a $20 reduction when laying a tile on a space with a mountain (brown triangle) such as the space NW of Huntington (H16) or when laying a tile on a space that forms a connection to an adjacent tile that links via a mountain pass/tunnel (brown triangle) such as Port Huron (when it links to Sarnia).

And here is where I think that my local group has once again gone off the rails...

Does the corporation that owns the TBC also enjoy a $20 reduction when laying a tile on a space that forms a connection to an adjacent tile that links via a bridge (upside-down purple triangle) such as Cincinnati (when it links to the space NE of Louisville (I11)?

The TBC card clearly mentions mountains and tunnels/passes, but technically does not mention bridges. However, we have been treating bridges as tunnels/passes (since the are both triangles that connect two hexes) and allowing the discount. Clearly, that is not what the text on the card actually says.

So, are there never any discounts to form a bridge connection??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never. There's a little brown triangle right on the card. It only discounts brown triangles. If you look at the map you'll see that brown triangles are specifically mountains and tunnels. Blue triangles are bridges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
As Pete says, your fears are correct. Dynamite is not much use in building a bridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.