Popular Tags: [View All]
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
The mats can be used with scenarios and downloadable terrain from the GF9 website: http://tanks.gf9games.com/

Terrain mats like the Normandy one make use of the hedgerows printed on the maps and buildings on the map are enforceable terrain (cannot enter). GF9 has scenarios to download in their "garage" section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What do people think of the mats? Do they enhance game play? Are they worth the cost? I have only seen a fuzzy picture or two of them, and they don't really seem like something that would be all that great.

Now on the Cool Stuff Inc webstore I see that GF9 is planning on releasing at least three desert maps to go along with the light and medium tanks for the Germans and British. These maps might be interesting. No photos of those or the desert tanks yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like mine - Pripyat Marshes. It's a better background than the kitchen table. What's nice about it is other than a path, nothing is preprinted so it's easy to place terrain anywhere.

One bonus in buying the GF9 mat is that the colours match the game terrain.

I'm curious about the desert maps too. I'd say there is a high probability at least one of them will be in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kasserine Pass

El Guettar

Oasis

Benghazi

Hellfire
Salt Flats

The Italian Fort

Rocky Ground

El Alamein

Others Maps:
MINSK
CORN FIELDS

CAEN

VILLERS BOCAGE
PRIPYAT MARSH

Normandy Beach

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Man it's annoying they didn't keep all the roads centred ! Did we learn nothing from Panzerblitz and its geo-morphic maps ?

The El Alamein one looks interesting - lots of places to "hide".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, 14 houses.
Some missions for these mats (maps) would be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have three and I like them; Desert 2, Caen, and Corn Field. I bought them from Cool Stuff Inc. at a discount from the original price. They seem to buy a bunch of each when they are first released by GF9 and once stock starts to dwindle they steeply discount them and never reorder. They seem to do the same with the dice for each country. I have the Russian and British dice and like them. The 6 on each die is the national insignia for the country, so hammer and sickle for Russians and the roundels for the Brits. Also, the dice are "normal" sized, not the mini dice that come with the game.

I made buildings for two of my mats and will make some for the last one. I'll post photos sometime. You don't need buildings, but they do enhance the mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.