Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Destroying barricades and adding zombies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find this question in the forums, sorry if it's repeated.

Say that you have to add two zombies to a location but there is only one space free and is blocked. With the first zombie you destroy the barricade, then does the second zombie come in or is it blocked too?

We had a little discussion because it's not especified on the rules, we took it literally but we don't know if that's how it is intended to work. It might be that we overthought there, reading the question now it seems clear to me that the second zombie comes in. Help me! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played in a bit, but I believe it's just the first one that is blocked and destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one of them is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might not have described the situation correctly, or I'm not understanding your answers at all.

The location has 3 zombie spots. There are 2 zombies and one barricade.

Now 2 more zombies have to be added to that location (because there are two characters there). The first zombie that comes, destroyes the barricade and dies. Now, does the second zombie die too or does it make it to the zombie spot (so that there would be 3 zombies at that location after that)?

Edit. Reading again your answers XD So you actually meant that one zombie is destroyed and the other one is placed on the location, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jangil wrote:
Edit. Reading again your answers XD So you actually meant that one zombie is destroyed and the other one is placed on the location, right?

Right. Note, though, that the location is not overrun at this point (but would be if adding a third zombie).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Jangil wrote:

Right. Note, though, that the location is not overrun at this point (but would be if adding a third zombie).

Understood then! Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've got a follow up question to this.

If you're adding zombies in the main base, and you have a barricade.

Lets say, that entrance 1 has 2 zombies and 1 barricade, and you're adding 2 zombies.

You remove the first zombie and the barricade.

Does the 2nd zombie then get added to entrance 1, or does it get added to entrance 2?

We've been playing that it gets added to entrance 2, but weren't 100% sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you are adding two zombies to the Colony, the first one goes to entrance 1 and the second one goes to entrance 2, no matter what happens to the first zombie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.