Tim
United States
Vandling
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"He's no good to me dead."
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to make sure I have this right: On the trip to the chasm if I lose all of my MF or GH, I do not start reducing one point per turn from the category to the right of the depleted category. However, immediately after starting the return trip I then begin reducing by one point per turn until my SR is down to one point. And once this process begins, once I start depleting my SR by one point per turn, I also discard one acquired quest item per turn until my SR is down to one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vannoy
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
relic10 wrote:
I just want to make sure I have this right: On the trip to the chasm if I lose all of my MF or GH, I do not start reducing one point per turn from the category to the right of the depleted category. However, immediately after starting the return trip I then begin reducing by one point per turn until my SR is down to one point. And once this process begins, once I start depleting my SR by one point per turn, I also discard one acquired quest item per turn until my SR is down to one?

Automatic turn-to-turn point reduction can occur at any time during the game. It's just a matter of when Mental Fortitude or Group Health become depleted. Once the Number of Men category is depleted, there is no requirement to reduce the Special Resources category on an automatic basis. A reduction in this category only occurs if a tile calls for a loss from the Number of Men category (and it happens to be depleted).

The difference between the journey to the chasm and the return trip is this:

On the way to the chasm, if a tile calls for a reduction in Mental Fortitude or Group Health it is simply ignored if the associated category is depleted.

During the return trip, if a tile calls for a reduction in Mental Fortitude or Group Health the points are taken from Special Resources instead (when at their wits' end, along with battered health, its easy for survivors to get things lost in the shuffle).

And yes, you are correct about having to remove one quest item for every Special Resource point that is lost. The last Special Resource point represents Ezrok himself; by this time, there should be no more quest cards remaining.

---

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Vandling
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"He's no good to me dead."
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'm not sure how I got that so wrong. When I played the original version, after reading the rules I somehow misread it as, after #M was depleted, remove 1 SR per turn until defeated (which it clearly doesn't say; again, not sure where I pulled that from). Then when I got the deluxe version I carried that incorrect interpretation of the rules over. The added change about the return trip threw me a little but now I've got it, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vannoy
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Happy to enlighten. I should add that only a tile that calls for a reduction in Number of Men can take away your last Special Resource point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.