Hide
10 Posts

Great Western Trail» Forums » Rules

Subject: Station Master Tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
yanpan chung
msg tools
Can someone clarify how can I uncover the Master Tile immediate action again?

I thought it can only be performed once when you upgrade the train station and take the tile. Not sure what does it mean for "remove a work from your worker section".

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bunbunchung wrote:
Can someone clarify how can I uncover the Master Tile immediate action again?

I thought it can only be performed once when you upgrade the train station and take the tile. Not sure what does it mean for "remove a work from your worker section".

Thanks all.

I believe that means you take an engineer, worker or cowboy from your player board and put it on the station tile (and acquire that station tile).

Basically replace station with one of your workers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yanpan chung
msg tools
So, I will perform more than 1 station tile immediate action when I acquire my 2nd or 3rd master tile?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bunbunchung wrote:
So, I will perform more than 1 station tile immediate action when I acquire my 2nd or 3rd master tile?

Thanks

No. They are one time use immediately when you acquire one. In order to acquire it, you had to pay an employee from your player board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Luxton
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered why you mentioned "again" in your question, the first line of your post. Having had another look at the rulebook I wonder if this is what's causing confusion (emphasis mine)
Quote:
• Only at the moment in which you upgrade a train station do you get the chance to acquire
its station master tile. If you forfeit that chance, you have no way of getting it later.
• If you remove a worker from your worker section and thus uncover its immediate action
again, you can perform that action the next time you place another hired worker onto that
space.

In this case it's not the station master tile being referred to but the bonus immediate action on the player board which is uncovered by placing an engineer in the station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yanpan chung
msg tools
What if I had acquired it. When can I do the immediate action again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yanpan chung
msg tools
The tile is placed on the player board? Not on the side of the player board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The immediate action on the station master tile is only done once. The part in the rule book is referring to the immediate action on the player board where you place workers. When claiming a station master tile, youneed to put a worker from your player board on to the spot where the station mastertile came from. If this worker was on a spot on your player board that had an action, when you hire another worker of that same type and place in that spot again, you get to take that action again.

1. You hire an engineer, placing the token on the left most open spot on the engineer track of your player board. You get to take the action printed on that spot.

2. On a later turn, you move your train into a Station turnout. Pay to upgrade the station, placing a disk on the station. If available, take the station master tile at that station. Then take the right most worker tile of the worker type of your choice, say the engineer you hired in step 1, and place in the spot where you took the station master tile. Do the immediate action of the station master tile. Place the station master tile next to your board to score the bottom part at the end of the game.

3. On a later turn, hire another engineer. Place the tile on the spot on your player board where the engineer you used in step 2 came from. You are covering up that immediate action again, so you get to take that action again.

You NEVER get to take the immediate action of a station master tile more than once. In the case of the permanent certificate gained on 3 of the station master tiles, you are techincally only taking that "action" once even though it's an ongoing ability. You are gaining the permanent certificate once, but you have it every time you go to Kansas City.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Bedford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for an answer to a question I have about upgrading a station, but it doesn't seem to be addressed in any of the posts so far. my question is this: what if you haven't got a worker tile (i.e. you only have the starting workers which can't be taken). Does this mean that you must have previously purchased a worker earlier in the game in order to upgrade a station?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
SveaRike wrote:
my question is this: what if you haven't got a worker tile (i.e. you only have the starting workers which can't be taken). Does this mean that you must have previously purchased a worker earlier in the game in order to upgrade a station?
The rules are pretty clear on this: You can (but you don't have to) take the station master tile when you upgrade a station. You only can take the station master tile in exchange for a "hired" worker tile, which obviously needs to have been hired before upgrading the station.

The relevant rule is on page 12 in the middle:
Quote:
After you have placed your disc onto the train station,
check whether there is a station master tile placed
right next to it. If so, you may now acquire that station
master tile by appointing one of your hired workers as
the station master. To do this, choose from your worker
section any of your hired workers that is placed on the
rightmost space of its respective row. Remove that
worker tile from your player board, put it in place of the
station master tile and finally place that station master
tile face up next to your player board.
• Only at the moment in which you upgrade a train station do you get the chance to acquire
its station master tile. If you forfeit that chance, you have no way of getting it later.
• If you remove a worker from your worker section and thus uncover its immediate action
again, you can perform that action the next time you place another hired worker onto that
space.
• Once a worker tile is placed on a station master space, it remains there for the rest of the
game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.