Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Paladin
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Steamboat Company: After being purchased, the corporation owning each of these companies may place—or shift—a marker among the listed locations, adding its value to the corporation’s routes that count this location.

6.2 OPERATING STEPS
To operate, a corporation does all these steps (in order):
A. May either issue or redeem shares to/from the Stock Market.
B. May, in any order, lay tiles and/or place one token.
C. Run routes with each train it owns, producing revenue.
D. Pay, pay half, or retain its revenue and adjust its stock price.
E. May buy trains (corporations must own at least one).
At any time during these steps, a corporation may buy one or more Private Companies and/or exercise the abilities of purchased Private Companies.

Since the Operating Steps section specifically states that the owning corporation can exercise a purchased Private Company's ability at any time during the OR and the Steamboat Company card states that an ability is to shift the token, can the owner of the Steamboat Company move the Steamboat marker after 6.2D?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Paladin82Y wrote:
can the [RR owning] the Steamboat Company move the Steamboat marker after 6.2D?

Only if it *purchases* it after paying revenues. That's what "after being purchased" is trying to say.

Otherwise, as stated in the DTG Rules on page 2: "The Steamboat Company ($40 price, $10 income) allows its purchasing corporation, *before running its routes*, to place or shift the $20 port token to any port space." (emphasis added)

The emphasized point got dropped from the GMT rules. I will correct this in the next rules version. The intended phrasing is "Upon being purchased or before running routes, the corporation owning [...]"

This has been discussed at great length in another thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paladin
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for clarification. I am working from the GMT rules and could not find anything that would prevent the post-6.2D switch.

I did search the Rules sub-forum before posting but the only thread that I could find with "Steamboat" in the Subject line was Steamboat Company - clarification and while there was much discussion there about how both a Private and a RR Corporation could benefit from/move the token, I did not see the specific question that I was asking addressed (but will freely admit that I could have missed it somehow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.