Hide
6 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spawning Enemies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Amistad
msg tools
I maybe overthinking this, but I'm a bit confused on spawning, if youre at the same encounter for a few rounds.

Lets say the active encounter is Sacrifice of Blood(wildlands).
Reinforcement move is 1 and the starting enemies box is (Hero amt)+3.
I'm playing solo, so starting spawn = 4. Reinforcement is already at 1.

Round 1 (at the active encounter):
Reinforcement moves > 1 because of encounter, still remaining at 1 reinforcement. It spawns 1.
Active Encounter spawns 4.
5 Enemies Spawned.

Pursuit phase.
Hero phase.
Defense phase.
Encounter phase.
Time phase.

Round 2:
Reinforcement moves > 1 because of encounter, but now changing the track to 2 reinforcement. Spawns 2.
Do I resolve the starting enemy box of the active encounter again and spawn an additional 4?
Or is that starting enemy box only resolved when drawn as a new encounter?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't add Reinforcements at the start of the Encounter. (So in your example, you just spawn 4 Enemies).

In the Reinforcement Phase, you move the Reinforcement tracker one space to the right and then add that number of Enemies. Then you re-set the tracker to zero. (So in your example, if you don't add more to the Reinforcement tracker by building up too much Enemy Focus, you'll just by adding 1 Enemy each turn due to Reinforcements).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Amistad
msg tools
Ahh I see. Ok, I've been doing my reinforcements wrong this entire time! Ugh, no wonder I spawned so much.
Thanks for that clarification.

Do the enemies from the active encounter spawn in subsequent rounds,after post-new encounter, as in round 3 of the same active encounter?

THanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ComradeJ wrote:
Ahh I see. Ok, I've been doing my reinforcements wrong this entire time! Ugh, no wonder I spawned so much.
Thanks for that clarification.

Do the enemies from the active encounter spawn in subsequent rounds,after post-new encounter, as in round 3 of the same active encounter?

THanks!

Not sure what you are saying, this may help:-

1. There is only ever one active encounter and this will be the one in the same terrain Tile as the Hero's group.

2. When you are in a perilous terrain tile you draw an encounter, this will be in the Travel phase, Initial spawn will take place when it is first "activated"

3. In the Reinforcement phase if there is an active encounter , depending on the encounter (e.g. reinforcements 0 or greater , then spawn this number plus the value on the reinforcements track.

4. If you retreat from an active encounter then after resolving any penalty it is discarded, the location keeps its perilous status and becomes Overrun. (effictively you will have to resolve two encounters to make it safe.

In effect there is only ever one encounter in play and it is the active encounter , if the end encounter conditions are not met then it may reinforce during the reinforcement step and you can then only travel out of it by retreating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Amistad
msg tools
I think I got the answer from your reply.

But, just in case, my question was in regards to the 'starting enemy' box of the active encounter and if it was triggered in subsequent rounds of remaining in the active encounter, not being able to meet the END requirements yet.

For example,

1st round:

Draw new active encounter. No reinforcement movements. Enemy box of the new active encounter = (heroes +2). Since solo, spawn 3 enemies.

I go through the rest of the phases.

travel ---> time phase. Active encounter End requirement not met.

Round 2:
No reinforcements.

'This part' had me confused. Do I trigger the enemy box of the active encounter and spawn 3 more enemies?

I think from your reply I got that you only trigger the enemy box (Heroes+3) when drawing it as the new active encounter for the location.

Am I correct in this assumption? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ComradeJ wrote:

Round 2:
No reinforcements.

'This part' had me confused. Do I trigger the enemy box of the active encounter and spawn 3 more enemies?

I think from your reply I got that you only trigger the enemy box (Heroes+3) when drawing it as the new active encounter for the location.

Am I correct in this assumption? Thanks!

Yes.

Below the title and picture are two boxes.

Te right hand one with the Enemies symbol is for initial spawn and you have that right.

The Left is for Reinforcements ,The arrow icon , followd by 1 , with the reinforcement track symbol, means move the reinforcement track marker 1 space.

You then spawn the numer of reinforcements on the Reinforcements track (as it moves at least 1).

Note this track may have already been advanced due to movement on the Time track and the Hero's Enemy Fous tracks.

After placing Enemies in the Q area, reset the reinforcement track to 0 and continue to the Travel phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.