Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Trying to make an attempt to play solitaire yet have MP Aspects to the game. That is, not just have a goal to reach or surpass. The Automa is nice and the puzzle like aspect of figuring out the best way to tackle things based on what the cards give you is also great coupled with the tokens you can use to do the middle bonus.

I think this variant could come close to what playing with other players might be like so ....

I've been working on this for a little bit but I feel it's a start plus it may require a little bookkeeping as you will use 2 other boards plus play summer/winter visitor cards as well as order cards for the AI/Automa players.

You're the new owner of a winery and are in the shadows of 2 already established wine makers. (Automa) Your goal is to score 20 points before they do.

- Pick your color and the colors of the other 2 Automa

- have a 6 sided die on hand.

- You will only use the meeples for each automa and the rooster for turn order.

- All Automa's structures are considered built

- Both Automas have deep pockets. No need to keep track of money

- Both automas are considered to have all of their 6 workers available.

- Give each automa a random Mama card and give them the cards associated with them.

- You start the game as you normally would.

- You choose you're starting rooster first followed by the automa to your left then right.

- Roll a 6 sided die for each automa. 1 take the top spot 2 take the second spot and so forth. It will never take #7. If the spot is occupied already go to the next spot.

- On an Automa turn, draw an Automa card and do all it's actions for that round. If the Automa does not place a worker on the board when the automa card is drawn then they have 'passed' to the next round and gain a victory point as if they gave a tour of the winery.

- Automa players will always place their worker on the center space and get the bonus benefit if it's unoccupied. Disregard gold or gaining a worker. If they have the cards in their tableau do only as much as they have (example if they have 1 grape to plant they only play that one card or if there are 1 of the visitor cards play 1 assuming the middle space is occupied. They are there just to block you gaining the bonus effects.) If it's a victory point on that space, they get the VP.

- When Drawing visitor cards in the fall, roll the dice to see which one they'll draw. roll 1-3 it draws a summer visitor, 4-6 a winter visitor

- Automa will be able to place a worker on a space even if both spots are occupied as if they have an El Grande worker.

Summer time actions. If the automa lands on the following spaces.....do only as much as they have (example if they have 1 grape to plant they only play that one card They are there just to block you gaining the bonus effects.

- 'play summer visitor' - IF they have summer visitor cards in their tableau, do the actions if possible. Do so as to benefit the AI gaining VPs first. If nothing can be played then disregard

- Landing on either 'Draw grapes' spaces then draw a grape cards.

- Take a tour - They of course get the victory point

- Plant - Even if the Automa does not have grape vines They can draw from the deck and add them to their fields up to the max per field. (5,6,7) otherwise plant the grape vines.

- sell field - Regardless which space, They gain a VP

- Build structures - Basically blocking you from the benefits.

Winter actions.

If the Automa land on the following spaces

- Draw order cards - Automa can fill orders if they have the wines in their cellars. Draw cards accordingly

- Play winter visitor cards - Like summer visitors, if the Automa's have them in their tableau and can play them, do so that would benefit the Automa player gaining VPs first then other actions if possible.

- Harvest fields - Even if the AI doesn't have any grapes in the field it can still harvest grapes. The grapes would be of level 1 quality and it will choose which one to harvest by rolling a 6 sided die. #1-3 red, #4-6 white. If they have grapes already in the field harvest those grapes only.

- Make wine tokens - Even if the AI doesn't have any grapes in the crush yard, it can still make wine. The wine would be of level 1 quality and it will choose which one to press by rolling a 6 sided die. #1-3 red, #4-6 white. If they have grapes already in the crush yard only make the wine for those tokens.

- fill order space - If the have order cards in their tableau, they can likely fill the order. Do so. If they can't fill the order cards in the tableau, they still gain a VP for either space.

At the end of the year age grapes/wines as usual. Automa players will discard up to 7 getting rid of order cards they can't fill and/or grapes as well as visitor cards that don't provide VPs

Then whomever was first player chooses starting order. If Automa was first player, then they roll the die and place their rooster on the spot gaining it's benefit.

Small note, if any action cards that ask an Automa for choice whether to do something, roll die #1-3 YES #4-6 no. For instance the summer visitor Card Swindler...... 'Each opponent may give you +2 gold. For each opponent who does not, gain 1 VP. For this example Automa 1 rolls a 3... He gives me 2 gold (From the bank) Automa 2 rolls a 5.... I gain a VP.

Personally I like what I've got started here. Hope you all can give this a shot. Again may be too much bookkeeping for some but I think it gives a great idea of what it's like playing with Multiple players.

Let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Buchanan
United States
Denton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
I can die fighting. I imagine it's easier the second time around.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Solo with Multi-player like aspects - First attempt
I like it! If the kids get a nap in today and I can do it, I'll give it a try. Should be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.