Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw mentioned somewhere that a player had problems with their pawn passing another players pawn and their marbles sticking. I'm thinking about buying this one and would just like to know its faults before I make a decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G CATT

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never had a problem with the marbles sticking to each other when passing. I play it all the time with my kids and so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gage
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never had any problems with players passing each others' pawns. My kids have been playing this game since they were about 4-5 years old. The only issue early on was convincing them not to "test" the walls. "Just pick a direction and go" has to be said a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little late to the thread, but I too agree, no issues with the marbles sticking... The game is excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Gorno" Fashena
United States
Westchester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this and I find that the pawns can't pass in a corridor without running up against the walls or repelling the passed pawn across the wall! It's a really cute concept, but that's a major flaw! The injunction to slide quickly might help, but not by much. The board is just too small for magnets of that strength. Maybe I'll try smaller ball bearings... that might fix the problem.

Gorno

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
johngorno wrote:
Maybe I'll try smaller ball bearings... that might fix the problem.

Just keep in mind that the BB has to be big enough to hit the walls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
johngorno wrote:
I just bought this and I find that the pawns can't pass in a corridor without running up against the walls or repelling the passed pawn across the wall! It's a really cute concept, but that's a major flaw! The injunction to slide quickly might help, but not by much. The board is just too small for magnets of that strength. Maybe I'll try smaller ball bearings... that might fix the problem.

Gorno

I have never had problem with that. You simply move the inactive pawn a bit to a corner and there are enough space for the other pawn to cross.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.