1 , 2  Next »   | 

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: The Community Created Wargame Project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan McCabe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We're a group of friends who are starting a new project. Our goal is to create a tabletop wargamein which the community has full say on what's included in the game. We'll be asking people to vote on every aspect of the game, from the basic rules to the overall narrative of the game. Join us on Facebook to take part in this process. Many thanks, The Community Created Wargame Project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbows, unicorns and panzers please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
There are two kinds of ships: Submarines, and Targets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please make sure everyone gets a trophy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Apex
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just going to leave this right here for ya...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCCWProject wrote:
Join us on Facebook to take part in this process.

A link would've been helpful. Just sayin'...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect this will be a case of "too many cooks..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Can it be exactly like Case Blue? That'd be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan McCabe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorry for missing out the link, here you go. https://m.facebook.com/TheCommunityCreatedWarganeProject/?re...

I understand your skepticism and I'm not saying this project is actually going to work but it's intended to be a fun experiment for anyone who wants to participate. If you don't then that's cool too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
ElFluppe wrote:
Can it be exactly like Case Blue? That'd be great!

My guess ... of course, as long as Case Blue includes Orcs and Steampunk Walkers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rayofsunshine wrote:
...as long as Case Blue includes Orcs and Steampunk Walkers.

If it doesn't include provision for fire-breathing dragons, ridden by light-saber wielding zombie SS fallschrimjagers kamikazing into the decks of armoured war gallies cruising the aether-filled skies above Barsoomian Mars, well... you can probably count me out. Oh, and I'd have to insist on a CDG design that employs a roll-to-move system and differential CRT that uses modifiers heavily based on an XP system. A "legacy" option would be nice too.

It's not like I'm asking for much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Moles
United States
Idaho Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway for us antisocial types to participate without going on Facebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to playing this monument to compromise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves, Alfonzo? Why don't you dig how beautiful the community game project is? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woof woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Westie wrote:
Woof woof, woof!

Needs work, but a promising start. Try putting more emphasis on the first 'woof.' Also, consider throwing in an "arf" or two for variety. A good dog imitation not only conveys the innate canine-ness of the howler, it suggests both the breed and age of the dog. There's an excellent series of YouTube videos by Rex that can help coach you through the nuances of the process. Please come back and try again after you've properly honed your craft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Lancer4321 wrote:
rayofsunshine wrote:
...as long as Case Blue includes Orcs and Steampunk Walkers.

If it doesn't include provision for fire-breathing dragons, ridden by light-saber wielding zombie SS fallschrimjagers kamikazing into the decks of armoured war gallies cruising the aether-filled skies above Barsoomian Mars, well... you can probably count me out. Oh, and I'd have to insist on a CDG design that employs a roll-to-move system and differential CRT that uses modifiers heavily based on an XP system. A "legacy" option would be nice too.

It's not like I'm asking for much.

How about some metaasymetric wargame? One player plays a miniature tabletop Area Movement/Activation initiativeroll based CDG with a deck containing both own and enemy events, while the other player plays a classic worker placement hex&counter hidden movement type of game. But it would have to be exactly like Case Blue as for the rest...just want to make that clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sevigny
United States
Washington
D.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geomorphic maps AND geomorphic counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
paul7e wrote:

Behold! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
paul7e wrote:

Geomorphic rules, too. (Cf. 504...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A multi-level game intrigues me. Some players play at the strategic level, others at the operational, and others at the tactical.

For example:

A World War II game. At the strategic level, players handle diplomacy, economic decisions, and so on. The Allied player decides to invade Sicily. The actual invasion is carried out by the operational level players, with forces determined by the strategic decisions. Individual battles within the invasion could be handled by the tactical level players.

The effects at each level would impact the others.

Players could, if desired, play at just one or two levels.

Probably too cumbersome, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Westie wrote:
A multi-level game intrigues me. Some players play at the strategic level, others at the operational, and others at the tactical.

For example:

A World War II game. At the strategic level, players handle diplomacy, economic decisions, and so on. The Allied player decides to invade Sicily. The actual invasion is carried out by the operational level players, with forces determined by the strategic decisions. Individual battles within the invasion could be handled by the tactical level players.

The effects at each level would impact the others.

Players could, if desired, play at just one or two levels.

Probably too cumbersome, though.

All kidding aside - that kind of game has been in existence for many decades. They're campaign style games where at the strategic level moves are send to an umpire with the master map, when forces collide the engagement is fought out on the tabletop, with the result put back into the strategic level game.

Rather popular is doing 18th century conflicts with imaginary nations fighting it out.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/topics.mv?id=288

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
It must include Zombies trading goods in the Mediterranean, diceless combat resolution and non-typical character representations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Judging from the previous posts, I believe I detect a hint of scepticism about this project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kiriazis
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallet wrote:

Judging from the previous posts, I believe I detect a hint of scepticism about this project.

Whatever gave you that idea?

Skepticism abounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallet wrote:
I detect a hint of scepticism about this project.

I find the concept intriguing and think it could work, but it would require someone with a fairly strong hand to take the lead and make decisions. If everything is left nebulous and subject to group consensus, it won't get anywhere. The OP's lack of substantive responses (both here and on the Facebook page) are not an encouraging sign -- kind of sad, because it'd be interesting to see where this might go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.