14 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: size of kickstarter boxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if I recall correctly in the last update where they discussed the delay they showed pictures of retail boxes and said most of the printed materials had been assembled except for the more bulky kickstarter boxes. Does anyone know how big those are? I am prepping my limited shelf space (of which Gloomhaven will take up a ton of!)

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They haven't said yet how big it is, but I'm hoping it's massive. That's what I'm paying for, after all!

Though, admittedly I'm a bit of a components junkie. I will probably regret it when I have to start finding new storage solutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glic2003 wrote:
They haven't said yet how big it is, but I'm hoping it's massive. That's what I'm paying for, after all!

Though, admittedly I'm a bit of a components junkie. I will probably regret it when I have to start finding new storage solutions.

Hopefully everything will fit back into the box after it is punched out too! That is one of my pet peevesshake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only concern is that card holder; there's no way that could fit in the box and disassembling it after each game could wear it out quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michael4928 wrote:
Glic2003 wrote:

Hopefully everything will fit back into the box after it is punched out too! That is one of my pet peevesshake
not like arcadia quest..punch the tokens out..then no where to put em..really crap box planning there

just hope we get the game before xmas..im not holding my breath though..the way its been run so far...anyone noticed how theres no mention about wave 2 anymore? looks like that will be next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gary, c'mon. Don't be so negative, there is not a single reason for that. By Christmas you'll have actually beaten the campaign a long time ago and quite possibly moved to player-created content or other titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,Kristen.

yeah your right I'm being a pratt..but just a bit annoyed about it.wouldn't mind if you met me I'm the most laid back guy you could meet..just hate being messed about so much.but that's my last comment on the KS side of things..underneath it all I'm really looking forward to the game
looking forward to chatting to you guys when we all have the game..and can compare strategise etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie L

New Jersey
msg tools
tootz wrote:
michael4928 wrote:
Glic2003 wrote:

not like arcadia quest..punch the tokens out..then no where to put em..really crap box planning there

just hope we get the game before xmas..im not holding my breath though..the way its been run so far...anyone noticed how theres no mention about wave 2 anymore? looks like that will be next year.

That's been my experience with pretty much every CMoN game with minis. I get around it by putting the minis in bags instead of using the packaging that they come in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
speaking of size of KS boxes:

and Ares commented:
"40 x 27 x 13.5 cm... 150% larger than the retail version (when you add in Vastaryous'Lair and the Add-on box, an Immortal Pledge is 3 times the S&S retail box)."

From this update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sword-and-so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dodson
United Kingdom
Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna need a bigger shelf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveNewcastle wrote:
I'm gonna need a bigger shelf...

Forget the shelf, I'm gonna need a bigger house...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes me really nervous. I like to keep all components for a game in the same container. Expansion boxes just take up too much room. Its hard getting rid of boxes when you first start out, but now that I've started, I won't ever go back. I just hope that the base game box is large enough and sturdy enough to hold all the expansion elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
That makes me really nervous. I like to keep all components for a game in the same container. Expansion boxes just take up too much room. Its hard getting rid of boxes when you first start out, but now that I've started, I won't ever go back. I just hope that the base game box is large enough and sturdy enough to hold all the expansion elements.

Given the sheer number of components (and the awkward sizing for things like the dragon), I suspect we're all in trouble when it comes to consolidating into a single storage container.

Maybe scalp the image off the box and apply it to one of those giant Rubbermaid containers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.