4 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: DEPLOYMENTS AND SABER DICES rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mathieu riviere
msg tools
Dear rebellious fellas,
After my first game yesterday, I have a couple of questions that's I can't figure out:

- COMBAT DICE
during the combat, you may roll the "crossed light saber" on the combat dice. This offers the possibility to activate a tactic card, or to I pick a new one. Question : can you ignore the tactics cards and count the dice result as one damage instead?

- DEPLOYMENT
During my game, the imperial player has deployed a lot of single ground unit on all the systems not occupied by rebel ground forces or not loyal to the rebel. In less than 2 rounds, LOTS of systems were covered by single ground unit. is this possible and legit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
legomat wrote:
- COMBAT DICE
during the combat, you may roll the "crossed light saber" on the combat dice. This offers the possibility to activate a tactic card, or to I pick a new one. Question : can you ignore the tactics cards and count the dice result as one damage instead?

Nope.

legomat wrote:
- DEPLOYMENT
During my game, the imperial player has deployed a lot of single ground unit on all the systems not occupied by rebel ground forces or not loyal to the rebel. In less than 2 rounds, LOTS of systems were covered by single ground unit. is this possible and legit?

They can only deploy where they have loyalty or subjugation AND no sabotage marker. This also requires that it not be a remote system (which has no loyalty). So, no, it's not legit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Mathieu,

Rob is correct with his replies, so no point in repeating what he said. Instead, I'll offer some rules references so that you can see where his answers can be found in the rulebook:

About the Combat Dice results:
Look in the "Rules Reference" book, page 4, under "Draw a Tactic Card", and on page 5, under, "Play a Tactic Card", it explains what to do (and when) with your Light Saber results during Combat.
(The same clear info is found on page 14 of the "Learn To Play" book).

And for the other dice results clearly explained, look at the "Rules Reference" again, page 5, under "Assign Damage".

About the Deployment:
Look at the "Rules Reference" book, page 7, under "Deploy Units"
It's all there. But what can be easily missed as it's sort of buried as the last sentence of the opening paragraph, is the most important rule of all: "The Player places these units in any of his loyal or subjugated systems."
(That rule is so buried, given its significance, that I underlined that sentence in my book)!

The Deployment rules can also be found in the "Learn To Play" book on the bottom of page 10. I personally use the "Rules Reference" for everything, as everything is in that one book.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathieu riviere
msg tools
Thanks guys! Such a great and reactive community!
Looking forward to my next game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.