Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: [Spoilers] Shattered Bonds - items question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
possum man
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After you give the Bechmans various items (e.g. Grace the manuscript, the Father the gun) they all claim they will now have some tricks up their sleeve to help fight the monster - I've played the scenario 3 times now (winning twice) and never seen them do anything with the items.
Does anyone know what effect they have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Britton
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played the scenario four times.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
When you give the characters the items (or kill the ghost in the daughter's room and have it go to protect her) you get a prompt when the monster attempts to attack a room with one of the armed NPCs in it. You are told to roll two dice, and if you get at least one success the monster's attack is blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
possum man
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, nice. Thanks!

Bonus question: have you ever had the map change? We once had the whole thing flip left/right, but that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelbritton wrote:
I've played the scenario four times.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
When you give the characters the items (or kill the ghost in the daughter's room and have it go to protect her) you get a prompt when the monster attempts to attack a room with one of the armed NPCs in it. You are told to roll two dice, and if you get at least one success the monster's attack is blocked.

However, this does not seem to work for Grace's Arcane manuscript. Confirmed on two different run-throughs. Is this a bug with the scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.