Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
Simpelveld
Limburg
flag msg tools
Hello there!
Got a question about the greed phase.
When I use the character ability that makes cards worth 5 points but it loses there attributes and I use it on a greed card, it loses its greed ability right?
Now my question. If I had 3 greed cards and someone else has 1, and I lose my greed attribute, does the other players get the greed ability?

Another small question. With "combination" they mean all the cards in front of a player right?

Thanks in advance, and very great and fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Soper
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Mario,
To use a character ability you must have that character's card, and the ability only applies to you.
In your example you must be the character that can change a card type for 5 points each (in this case, the greed cards, up to four max). Someone else would have to be the Greed player, and they would still be able to claim any spare greed cards in the discard pile, but only for 2pts each.
Also this ability must be applied in the second phase, before the Greed phase.

Else, if you are the Greed player, you cannot change their point value, only collect them in the Greed phase.

Yes, 'combination' is the word for all your cards, because you may have more than the initial 5 cards you have laid out.

Hope that helps.
Konrad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
Simpelveld
Limburg
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply!
I understand what you mean.
The thing is, if I have that character that can turn a card sideways in the voting phase to make all cards of the color 5 points but lose their attribute and I would turn a greed card sideways when I have 3 of them. That would mean all 3 are worth 5 points but they would lose their greed ability.
Now someone else would have 1 greed card, will that player be the one with the most greed cards?
Sorry if my other post was a bit confusing whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you are talking about
Yanmei - Choose one card in front of you and turn it horizontally, either face up or face down,
that card and all cards of that color you own will no longer have any special abilities and count as 5 points each.

So: Yes.
Your 3 Greed cards are now 3 'generic' cards worth a total of 15 points,
and the person with 1 Greed now has the most Greed cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
Simpelveld
Limburg
flag msg tools
White Elk wrote:
So you are talking about
Yanmei - Choose one card in front of you and turn it horizontally, either face up or face down,
that card and all cards of that color you own will no longer have any special abilities and count as 5 points each.

So: Yes.
Your 3 Greed cards are now 3 'generic' cards worth a total of 15 points,
and the person with 1 Greed now has the most Greed cards.

Yes exactly! Thanks, I did not have a copy here atm to check wich one it was. Now everything is clear! Cheers!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.