Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all,

I recently finished a SW:R game on TTS, and I think we found a bug. Am curious if any others have seen it also, or if perhaps we're doing something wrong.

SITUATION:
- The Empire has loyalty on Mustafar, which normally allows the Empire to build a blue triangle (Tie Fighter) and a blue circle (Assault Carrier).

- The Rebel player has Rebel units in the Mustafar system (post combat, not that that matters, but FYI)

- The Empire does not have any other blue circle Resource Icons in loyal or subjugated systems.

BACKGROUND:
- When a player clicks on the "Build" button during he Refresh Phase, the TTS does a wonderful job of assessing what units each player may build, then lists those units like a shopping list, in the TTS Message Box.

THE BUG:
- Given the above situation, the TTS indicated to the Empire player that he may build an Assault Carrier and an (extra) Tie Fighter. IOW, an Assault Carrier and an extra Tie Fighter showed-up on the "Build List" when they shouldn't have. This is because the Rebel player had units in the Mustafar system, so the Imperial player is unable to use those Resource Icons for building.

Is this a bug, or did we miss something? If you all agree it's a bug, I'll post it to the TTS SW:R module's forum area.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul B
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think its a bug, simply it doesn't account for enemy units preventing building in these systems. I believe you have to do that for yourself. I know the creator made a custom "Blockade" marker that you can put systems like in this example to remember they will not build. The marker itself doesn't do anything, but is there as a reminder.

Personally when I play on TTS, I just do the building myself as always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, given that there were Rebel units on Mustafar, the Rebel player was paying very close attention to the Imperial Build list. As of that point, the lists were always correct. So we found it much easier and quicker to use the automatically-generated lists when building, rather than figuring it out on our own. Regardless, we expected that TTS might not take into account the Rebel units, and we were correct.

So I agree that it might not be a "bug", per se. Perhaps call it an opportunity for another feature, as the list does currently take into account loyalty/subjugation, and Sabotage status when determining which units the Empire gets to build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul B
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
You gotta remember that TTS uses mods created by Steam users for free. You can only expect so much when the creations are the result of user's free time and not getting paid. haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Agreed. Was never my intention to imply an expectation that this should be "fixed".

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Roselius
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
If you flip a sabotage marker, it has a blockade symbol. Place that in the snap point where sabotage goes (right over the build icons), and the auto build will properly ignore the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Jozrael wrote:
If you flip a sabotage marker, it has a blockade symbol. Place that in the snap point where sabotage goes (right over the build icons), and the auto build will properly ignore the system.

Ahhh... and there we go. Perfect!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone know of a good video tutorial for using Tabletop Simulator with SWR? I started a game but the tutorial notes (notepad and chat) weren't enough for me to understand how to play the game with TTS.

Note: I do own a physical copy and I know how to play it...it's just playing with TTS that's the issue.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

ron42na wrote:
I started a game but the tutorial notes (notepad and chat) weren't enough for me to understand how to play the game with TTS.

I'd be surprised if there is a video on how to navigate the gameplay specifically in TTS. Anyway, I was in the same boat as you... playing this game on TTS was my first exposure to TTS and I was lost on a few things.

But what helped me figure everything out - almost entirely - was reading the "TTS Nuance" tab, found by clicking the "Notebook" icon that you already mentioned. If you've already read that and are still experiencing some roadblocks, let us know specifically what they are, and I for one will be happy to help, as others here have helped me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex M
United States
flag msg tools
best way to learn to use it is play with someone that knows the nuances.

and yes, the custom 'blockade' marker is not just a custom addition to the game for player reference (nor is the neutral, unoccupied system marker). these are markers that are actively detected by the scripts to adjust the build calculation.

use them or the build calc will be off -- and you'll need to manually adjust
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Eskandaer wrote:
...the custom 'blockade' marker is not just a custom addition to the game for player reference (nor is the neutral, unoccupied system marker). these are markers that are actively detected by the scripts to adjust the build calculation.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.