T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Variants

Subject: Repurpose TIME Stories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Higbee
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I was wondering if anyone out there has tried creating a new game around TIME Stories. I know that there are many people out there who love the game, and I don't judge them for it; it's just not a game that appeals to me. Rather than sell the game at a significant loss, I'd rather put the beautifully designed board and pieces to some sort of alternative use. Before I set off to craft a new game around the components, I wanted to know if there's anyone out there who has tried something similar. If not, I'd also be open to suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You bought a game that doesn't appeal to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are fan-made scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scooperman wrote:
You bought a game that doesn't appeal to you?

It's hard to judge a game like TIME Stories before you play it. Information is sparse as reviewers etc. avoid spoilers. I made the same mistake. Bought the game. Played it. Hated it. Got rid of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Higbee
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's not that I intentionally went out and bought a game I thought I wouldn't like. As with all the other games I buy, I did my research before purchasing. Once I actually played it, I didn't have the same experience as the majority of the reviewers...which is fine. Like I said, I don't doubt that it's a great game for many. It just doesn't click with me. But that's not the point. The point is, rather than give the thing up, I was interested in doing something creative with everything I have in the box. And I know that people out there are making their own scenarios, but I'm not interested in a new scenario for the game. I'd like to transform it into something that plays in a completely different way...cooperative or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sighbrboi wrote:
It's not that I intentionally went out and bought a game I thought I wouldn't like. As with all the other games I buy, I did my research before purchasing. Once I actually played it, I didn't have the same experience as the majority of the reviewers...which is fine. Like I said, I don't doubt that it's a great game for many. It just doesn't click with me. But that's not the point. The point is, rather than give the thing up, I was interested in doing something creative with everything I have in the box. And I know that people out there are making their own scenarios, but I'm not interested in a new scenario for the game. I'd like to transform it into something that plays in a completely different way...cooperative or not.
I don't understand why you would want to keep the components and spend time trying to utilise them in a way that wasn't intended. The game is scarce at the present and riding high in the rankings, I think you would do well to sell it and treat yourself to something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think there is anything wrong with the OP keeping the game and trying to improve upon it.

I enjoyed the two games I played. However, I don't particularly like the time travel theme and the multiple runs required to finish the game. I love the board, the bits, the cards and the decksploration aspect of the game. I have put a little thought into coming up with my own game, because I think the mechanics would work great for just a normal exploration/investigation/mystery game minus the time travel. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I haven't been able to really explore this idea much. Let us know if you come up with anything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rick castle
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sighbrboi wrote:

Maybe there is a way to change the story depending on what you do or when you do it, for example if there is a killer in a scenario and in the first run you identified but cant do anything about it, then in the seconf run you know who the killer is, but you stop it before he kills, then maybe that shows you that he actually killed the real bad guy and nos that he is gone the bad guy gets away with it. That way actually replaying the game would make the story new everytime. Would that interest you??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sky is the limit, however I think the most valuable component in the box is the deck of cards, which would be difficult to re-purpose as they are so aligned with a very specific narrative. And then once you are printing out cards of your own that fit in the spaces, you really are just making a brand new game almost from scratch. But, who knows? See where your creativity takes you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.