Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Scott
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Always ask yourself, "What would Joan of Arc do?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of you have likely already seen this, but Amazon Video has available a documentary about the raid:

https://www.amazon.com/Dambusters-Raid-William-Wollard/dp/B0...

When I went to watch it I actually thought this was the PBS Nova special on the subject, which I had watched when it came out several years ago but wanted to watch again now that I am playing the game. But this is not that, but rather an older, British documentary. It deals less with the engineering and physics aspects of Upkeep than the Nova episode and more with the background and aftermath of the operation. It includes interviews with some members of the aircrews and also, interestingly, with some German survivors of the flooding that followed the breaching of the dams. I think it's definitely worth a look if you haven't seen it.

It's free if you are enrolled in Amazon Prime, a couple of dollars to rent if you are not. I'm in the U.S., so don't know if its availability might be different for those living elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat! Thanks for the tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scott
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Always ask yourself, "What would Joan of Arc do?"
mbmbmbmbmb

The Nova episode I mentioned ("Bombing Hitler's Dams") is also very much worth watching if you have never seen it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.