BANG! Dodge City» Forums » General

Subject: New basic cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Howdy. I just got the bullet version of this, and it says Dodge City included some new basic cards. I did not take note of what they were before shuffling everything together. Are these basic cards intended to fix imbalance in the base game, or to bring balance to the new green cards introduced? Either way, could I get a list of what they were? The manual says they're identical to base game cards, but I could only find 2 strictly identical cards, both spades: 10 Prison and 9 Stagecoach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Organous wrote:
Howdy. I just got the bullet version of this, and it says Dodge City included some new basic cards. I did not take note of what they were before shuffling everything together. Are these basic cards intended to fix imbalance in the base game, or to bring balance to the new green cards introduced? Either way, could I get a list of what they were? The manual says they're identical to base game cards, but I could only find 2 strictly identical cards, both spades: 10 Prison and 9 Stagecoach.

Unless they changed something, all Dodge City cards should have a "bull" symbol in the corner to show they are from an expansion.

As for the 'duplicated old cards', that was done to maintain certain card/card-type ratios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel Dodge City is an essential expansion. It gives more of the same or very similar. In fact, I think most expansions are needed for this game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234737/best-way-play-bang

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
grarrrg wrote:
Organous wrote:

Unless they changed something, all Dodge City cards should have a "bull" symbol in the corner to show they are from an expansion.

As for the 'duplicated old cards', that was done to maintain certain card/card-type ratios.

I know about the buffalo icon. However, the number of basic cards I have is 90, 10 greater than the 80 the rulebook mentions for the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Organous wrote:
I know about the buffalo icon. However, the number of basic cards I have is 90, 10 greater than the 80 the rulebook mentions for the base game.

Just for clarity, there should be:
80 Base-game cards.
40 Dodge City cards.

Some of the Dodge City-branded cards are functionally identical to cards found in the base game.
I say functionally, because they may have a different "poker card" in the corner. Example: The base game has two Barrel cards, one is Q-spades, the other is K-spades. Dodge City adds a 3rd Barrel, this one is A-Clubs.

So do you have 120 main-deck cards total, 40 of them with a Buffalo symbol?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
... I'm a dummy. I was counting in 10's, and somehow skipped the 7. It became apparent when I actually made piles of 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Organous wrote:
... I'm a dummy. I was counting in 10's, and somehow skipped the 7. It became apparent when I actually made piles of 10.

If only all problems were this easily solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.