Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean M
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Looking for a game that is not co-op and can be played solo.
Something around the 60 minute mark

I'm not sure what else exactly I'm looking for yet so please through some suggestions my way to help narrow down what I'm after
Would be extra extra bonus points if there is some sort of drop in/out system but very much doubt you can get that without it being co-op

I also don't have any worker placement games or engine building games so they might have an edge on other games

TYIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Russell
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viticulture Essential Edition. This seems to be my stock answer to any Euro question!

CO2 second edition comes out this year. Another Lacerda game, The Gallerist.

Luna
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fernandez
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Lets Gooooo Mountaineers!
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowdonia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabrielle
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

You might wat to ask this question in the 1 Player Guild as well! Lots of great folks and recommendations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bloody Inn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most Uwe Rosenberg games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Many 2-player wargames. Play both sides when you don't have a partner, and allows drop-in/drop-out when you do.

Same can be done with some Euros, where you control multiple players at once. I've enjoyed Agricola that way, rather than the solo version. Stone Age and Tzolkin worked pretty well, too. And allows players to drop-in if they're cool taking over a player you already played part of the game with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head, Luna and Lewis & Clark have solo rules. And Race for the Galaxy with The Gathering Storm, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin S-D
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The following list might be interesting to browse through. It has links to a lot of home-brewed solo variants for non-solo games:

Non-solitaire games that have solo rules in BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, the various COIN games offer solo play (either playing 1 faction against bots, or playing all 4 factions) or can be played competitively with 2-4 players and filling in the missing players (if 2 or 3 human players) with bots. In theory, you could have players drop-in or out, using the bot decision tree to play their factions before or after the human player is present. Cuba Libre or Falling Sky would be the best choices to get into COIN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gably wrote:
Hi,

You might wat to ask this question in the 1 Player Guild as well! Lots of great folks and recommendations

This. Do this. Now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came on to suggest the 1-player guild. I see that's been done.

Since I'm here, though...

Glass Road
At the Gates of Loyang
Imperial Settlers
Orléans+Orléans: Invasion
A Feast for Odin
Oh My Goods!+Oh My Goods!: Longsdale in Revolt
Scythe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawn Gnome
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I would love to get my 5th CR Star
mb
Terraforming Mars

I've never been much of a solo gamer. However, this game changed me! You should check it out. More like 90 min to solo but well worth it IMO. Cheers Dean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowdonia works for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anachrony is going to be delivered to Kickstarter backers during Februari, and I assume it's going to be available in retail soon after that. Box says 60-120 minutes. I've played it once in Tabletopia, and I think 60 minutes might be fairly achievable for a 2 player game.

It has a solo mode based on an automata. (I'm almost certain it comes with the base game, but it could possibly be part of the Exosuit Commander expansion, which is included in the Kickstarter "Leader Box", but is sold separately in retail. BGG seems not to list this expansion separately for some reason.)

Trickerion is another great game by the same publisher, and designed by the co-designers of Anachrony. The box says 30 minutes per player for Trickerion, and rumour has it that there are some people who actually achieves this, but for me and my wife, it's a 5+ hour game for two players. Absolutely love it though! It doesn't come with a solo mode, but there is an unofficial solo automata here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135122/trickerion-automa-...

Oh! I almost forgot! You'll want to check out Mint Works as well. It's a worker placement microgame, with 4(!) solo automatas. Both the multiplayer game and the single player game plays quickly and is really good. It's also soon to be delivered to Kickstarter backers, and will hopefully be available in retail after that. (Full disclosure: I did some playtesting on the solo mode during the Kickstarter campaign, but have otherwise no real affiliation.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wings for the Baron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Peloponnes Card Game - Plays well under an hour (solo) and is a great engine builder set against a backdrop of looming catastrophes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.