Subject: Monsters that move with you? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, when I read the rules for this game I seem to recall something that said something about if your investigator is engaged with a monster who wasn't evaded and then you move to an adjacent location, the monster makes an Attack of Opportunity and the monster comes with you to the new location.

Now for the life of me I can not find that part again. Was I making things up? Was I right? My real question was that -assuming this was the case-, can you use a card like Shortcut (Dunwich Legacy) and leave the monster behind at the original location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules Reference, page 10, Enemy Engagement.

Each enemy in an investigator’s threat area is considered to be at the same location as that investigator, and should the investigator move, the enemy remains engaged and moves to the new location simultaneously with the investigator.

Nothing about the text on the Shortcut card makes me think that it would be any different with that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note though that Shortcut does not trigger an attack of opportunity, because it's a fast effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tesoriero
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tarrkid wrote:
Rules Reference, page 10, Enemy Engagement.
Each enemy in an investigator’s threat area is considered to be at the same location as that investigator, and should the investigator move, the enemy remains engaged and moves to the new location simultaneously with the investigator.

Thanks for this. I actually re-read this exact section, but I somehow still didn't understand this beyond the OPs general feeling.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Still worth doing to get the croc out of the bayou.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.