Subject: Standing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the advantage to standing? Shouldn't I just crouch everywhere I go?
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the most part, yes, crouch everywhere you go. It works best in operations when you are moving one hex at a time.

In rounds though, there will be times when you need to move someone quickly. To do that he has to stand to move more than one hex; and he runs the risk of activating more Germans who may get to pop off a shot or two at someone standing. I usually save 1 movement point to fall prone at the end of movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Theriot
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This coming from someone who hasn't played much, but I recall that there are also paragraphs that say stuff like, "...if standing...", and so on.
So that's a factor too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
A few other things that require standing - Assault, Move/Charge Assault, Move/Snap Fire, Throw Satchel Charge, Drag Inactive Soldier One Hex, Load/Unload Inactive Soldier from Vehicle, Throw a grenade up to six hexes ( only 3 hexes if crouching ).

This is an awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CommanderMcG wrote:
What's the advantage to standing?
Thank you.

You can see the map better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
whatambush wrote:
CommanderMcG wrote:
What's the advantage to standing?
Thank you.

You can see the map better.

and its less painful on your back, especially after a night in a damp foxhole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd R
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never stand unless you absolutely need to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pour Away,Mein Host
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd tack onto this one:

When executing a "free stance change", do you have to go in increments, such that if you're prone, you can only go to crouch for free and then pay a movement point to go from crouch to standing? Or, can you go from prone to standing for free? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyJF wrote:

When executing a "free stance change", do you have to go in increments, such that if you're prone, you can only go to crouch for free and then pay a movement point to go from crouch to standing? Or, can you go from prone to standing for free? Thanks.

It doesn't say you have to do it incrementally, so I do whatever benefits me more. On all of my solo games I'm not all that concerned about strict interpretation of the rules, as long as I'm consistent in applying or disregarding a certain rule. Whatever is most fun for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
TonyJF wrote:

Quote:
6/7 Performing Actions During Rounds
Free Stance Change. An unwounded soldier can, at any point during his turn, make one free stance change; from prone to crouching or standing, from crouching to prone or standing, or from standing to prone or crouching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pour Away,Mein Host
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrb88 wrote:
TonyJF wrote:

Quote:
6/7 Performing Actions During Rounds
Free Stance Change. An unwounded soldier can, at any point during his turn, make one free stance change; from prone to crouching or standing, from crouching to prone or standing, or from standing to prone or crouching.

Thank you! (Always embarrassing when it's so clearly covered in the rules. modest )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.