6 Posts

Dead Men Tell No Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Alternative to the fatigue dial? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Eldridge
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am not a fan of the fatigue dial. It causes the board to wobble on the table and takes up so much space in the box. I was thinking of removing them and using some sort of small token to mark the fatigue. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might make a good token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riseupfall wrote:
I am not a fan of the fatigue dial. It causes the board to wobble on the table and takes up so much space in the box. I was thinking of removing them and using some sort of small token to mark the fatigue. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might make a good token?

You could always just use a D20 as a counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Eldridge
msg tools
mbmbmb
True, but then players would have to memorize at what number they can no longer go in certain heat levels. I'm just looking for something I could put on the board and move up the numbers instead of using the wheel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
riseupfall wrote:

You could just stick/glue little spacers to the bottom of the board. Like maybe those fuzzy kind for chair legs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
"Courage isn't the matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - 3rd Doctor
badge
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
You could just stick/glue little spacers to the bottom of the board. Like maybe those fuzzy kind for chair legs.

That is exactly what I did!

I used small transparent rubber ones for drawers and cabinet doors. They work perfectly. No wobble!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
metabulis wrote:
jepmn wrote:

That is exactly what I did!

I used small transparent rubber ones for drawers and cabinet doors. They work perfectly. No wobble!

After playing La Granja, I realized that's exactly what that game needs as well. So much tucking of cards underneath all sides of the player board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.