2 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third/fourth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Holy Bullets With Multiple Hunters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shereef Ishak
Canada
flag msg tools
My cousins and I were playing last night and an argument occurred over the use of Holy Bullets in combo.

There were 2 hunters in combat (P1 and P2).
- I as Dracula chose to fight P1 while the P2 was free to do it's attack.
- P1 used "Punch"
- P2 used Pistol.
- After P2 resolved the Pistol, P1 insisted that they can play their copy of Holy Bullets to boost P2's Pistol card damage.
I argued that in order to resolve Holy Bullets the hunter has to have played the Pistol or Rifle themselves.
He argued that a Rifle or Pistol card was resolved in the combat, therefore he can play Holy Bullets, even though he resolved a Punch card.
My question is, which is the correct train of thought to answer this debate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Sheriff99 wrote:
My cousins and I were playing last night and an argument occurred over the use of Holy Bullets in combo.

There were 2 hunters in combat (P1 and P2).
- I as Dracula chose to fight P1 while the P2 was free to do it's attack.
- P1 used "Punch"
- P2 used Pistol.
- After P2 resolved the Pistol, P1 insisted that they can play their copy of Holy Bullets to boost P2's Pistol card damage.
I argued that in order to resolve Holy Bullets the hunter has to have played the Pistol or Rifle themselves.
He argued that a Rifle or Pistol card was resolved in the combat, therefore he can play Holy Bullets, even though he resolved a Punch card.
My question is, which is the correct train of thought to answer this debate.

The wording of Holy Bullets is

Quote:
Discard this card after you resolve a "Rifle" or "Pistol" card.

P1 did not resolve Pistol or Rifle, so they can't play it, only P2 could if they had the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.