Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hitler theme makes me really uncomfortable, so inspired by another post here, I made my very own version of Secret Voldemort.

I made everything from scratch using InDesign, however, most of the graphics & artworks are from the internet (Wizengamot logo by kriss80858.deviantart.com, Moody portrait by upthehillart.tumblr.com, Phoenix logo by ??? (let me know), The Dark Mark by ajb3art.deviantart.com and Ministry of Magic logo by kriss80858.deviantart.com). Most texts are taken from the Harry Potter wikia, but their purpose is mostly decorative.

For the identities, I used canonical members of The Order of the Phoenix during the Second Wizarding War; Mad-Eye Moody, Remus Lupin, Albus Dumbledore, Sirius Black, Arthur Weasley, Molly Weasly, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shakebolt, and Severus Snape. For the Death Eaters, I used Bellatrix Lestrange, Lucius Malfoy and Peter Pettigrew. And of course Voldemort.

There's some potential to make an Avalon version too (especially with Snape as double agent), but I didn't have the time yet to do boards for that.

For the cards, I used sleeves in order to achieve identical sizes.

ID and membership cards are Ultra Pro 84490 Standard Sleeves, Non-Glare, clear matte. Since they are matte, they feel very nice and are much less slippery than regular sleeves.

Decrees are mini euro sleeves are Ultra Pro 82661 Euro Mini Size 44 x 68 mm, so the voting boards are also made to fit that.

For everything else, I used chipboard and linen paper. Allover it turned out very nice (despite having used only an inkjet printer), though the Death Eater board got a bit smeared when I coated it with acrylic. I might do a new version eventually.

Game Box (Outside)

Game Box (Inside)

Game Box (Inside)

Voting Boards

Voting Boards

Title Cards for The Minister for Magic and the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot

Identity and Membership Cards

Decrees (all have unique text)

Voting cards

Available for printing at Secret Voldemort
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Automatische Piloot
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, I love how you managed to incorporate all the different player counts in one board.

Can you share this in the files section maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wermelinger
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello...

This looks really great. The thing with Hitler is totally understandable and there I just hit the spot, is there any possibility to get your gamecards somehow? Of course we could talk about something in return...

regards
Simon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What they said whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested too... really nice job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Elianto wrote:
I'm interested too... really nice job

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your comments!

I'd love to share it, but unfortunately there are WAY too many copyright issues here. I took all the artwork and drawings from the internet, which is perfectly fine if I'm the only person to ever use it, but not so much if I share it. (The artist of the Moody portrait was fine with re-using of her art if credited, but I think most of the other artists might not be.)

Eventually, when I find an artist who's willing to re-do all the art and character portraits and who's fine with sharing, I might share my files as well. Unfortunately I'm totally not talented enough in drawing to do it myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wermelinger
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sad, but understandable. I'm neither a good drawer... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Bradbury
msg tools
If I might ask, what software did you use to make this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Adobe InDesign for almost the entire project. There were just a few tiny things that I adjusted in Photoshop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Bradbury
msg tools
Would it be possible to at least get the template sans art assets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news! I contacted an artist who is willing to share their art, but there are two missing portraits that need to be created. So once they arrive, I'll update my file and I should be able to publish it soon-ish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wermelinger
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great news..!!! Thank you a lot for your effort

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sietse Willman
msg tools
Can we download it yet...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HerneTheHunter wrote:
Can we download it yet...?

Still waiting for the artist's artwork, it might take a while...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple MD
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to the files, thank you for making and arranging all this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Slaybaugh
msg tools
mb
I must say your re-theme looks awesome! really looking forward to you getting permission and being able to upload the files for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montisunny
msg tools
Any ETA? Really want to make myself a copy of this. What about uploading everything other than the missing portrait?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezequiel Naid
msg tools
Hi,
Your Secret Voldermort looks awesome! I'm really looking forward to print it
I wanted to know how is the search for an artist going, and if you can upload the files without the faces.
I wish u luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Eddington
msg tools
Is there any chance of getting your files for this version? My family and I love Harry Potter. This would be the perfect version for me to make for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately the artist who I was hoping could draw the missing portraits doesn't feel up to drawing Voldemort. All other artists I've contacted have not replied (it's been about 2 months since I contacted them).

I'm not uploading or sending out the files to anyone until I have a set of portraits for the cards that can be used legally (e.g. under creative commons).

If you're good at drawing and feel up to drawing Voldemort, Bellatrix and Sirius, Remus, or even a full set of 6-8 (canonical) OotP members and 4-5 Death Eaters, or if you know someone, go for it and let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montisunny
msg tools
Any reason to not upload portraitless cards? The entire design is beautiful and I'd be fine without portraits...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
sbrbrad wrote:
Any reason to not upload portraitless cards? The entire design is beautiful and I'd be fine without portraits...

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Orel
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to just have the text of each character's name in place of a portrait, but I understand the desire for the set to be 'complete'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Portrait-less cards would mean a more or less complete overhaul of the design, currently I don't have the time for that... still looking for an artist, but no luck so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.