Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Pros and cons - advice appreciated REY/MIRANDA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Leif
msg tools
Can you please give me some pros and cons on these lists. I have a hard time choosing since I see positive on every list. Which one do you guys believe would be the best to go into tournament with?

List 1

Rey –
Title – VI – Kanan Jarrus – Finn – EU - Inertial Dampeners

MIranda
TLT – Homing MIssiles – Guidance Chips

Mobile Rey, but looses Extra munition and bomb on Miranda who suffers.

List 2

Rey
Title – VI – Kanan Jarrus – Finn

Miranda
TLT – Extra Munitions – Homing Missiles - - C-3po – Guidance Chips

Ok Rey, and better defence on Miranda with C-3po

List 3

Rey
Title – Expertise – Kanan Jarrus – Finn – Inertial Dampeners

Miranda
TLT – Homing Missile – Bodhi Rook – Guidance Chips
Get Expertise and a killer Rey. Not so mobile. Miranda suffer from that, but get TL early if I push Rey in front of her. Only one Homing missile
List 4

Rey
Title – VI – Kanan Jarrus – Finn - Inertial Dampeners
Miranda
TLT – Extra Munitions – Homing MIssile – Ion bomb – Guidance chips
Gives little bit of everything. Got the bomb threat that can set it up nice for 4 dice + Finn on Rey-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, no answers I'm sure you'd have more success and discussion on the FFG forums, or Reddit.

Personally, I haven't flown Miranda/Rey yet, and your points look valid. I think you shouldn't go without VI on Rey. Miranda doesn't really need C-3PO because she can regen. And since you can get EM on Miranda, I think you should - it sucks to have only one shot with ordnance...

...so the one I'd fly would probably be the last one. But it all depends on the tournament's meta, too, and your personal preferences, and what you're used to.

Did you have that tournament already? If yes, what did you fly, and how did it go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you get Engine Upgrade and Inertial Dampeners on Rey?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:

Engine Upgrade is a modification and can be taken by any ship.

The Inertial Dampeners is an illicit upgrade, with Rey doesn't have. None of the upgrades listed seem to allow an illicit upgrade to be placed on the ship, so I'm thinking that is either a mistake or a card is missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:

Forgetting that stalling compartments prevents equipping EU, since nothing over point cost 3 can be equipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cowlishaw
msg tools
Ignoring the first list:

Rey
Title – VI – Kanan Jarrus – Finn

Miranda
TLT – Extra Munitions – Homing Missiles - - C-3po – Guidance Chips

Nice and simple. A damn tough Miranda and a Rey you really don't want to be caught in front of. Either is capable of taking one any opponent in a 'fair fight'.

Rey
Title – Expertise – Kanan Jarrus – Finn – Inertial Dampeners

Miranda
TLT – Homing Missile – Bodhi Rook – Guidance Chips

Kanan does let you shed stress on any white move, but if you're planning on S-looping every other turn or so and/or using dampers, Expertise is going to stop working on quite a few turns, and given that you don't need your action for rerolls, on turns where' you're not stressed you can focus anyway. If you plan to stop/sloop a lot, maybe consider Wired?

Bodhi Rook has a nice ability (especially with a tough brick like Rey) but you're improving Miranda's ability to get locks but taking away her second missile - meaning she has significantly less ability to use the lock effectively once she's got it.

Rey
Title – VI – Kanan Jarrus – Finn - Inertial Dampeners
Miranda
TLT – Extra Munitions – Homing MIssile – Ion bomb – Guidance chips

Are Ion Bomb and Inertial Dampers better than C-3PO? I'd probably say no - 3PO makes a massive difference to Miranda's durability - but it depends how good you are with bombs. Personally, if trying to drop ionizing bombs, I'd want advanced slam and connor nets, but that's getting very expensive.

All in all, list 2 seems the most effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.