Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Confused??!?!?!??! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Gilbank
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The box and everything say plays 1-4 but the description here and on my FLGS site says I need another core box to play 3 people, which is it does the game play 4 or does it play 4 if everyone has there own core box?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
It says on the back of the box that you can play with 2 or 3 other players if you own a second core set.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
where on here does it say that the game plays 1-4?
Down at the bottom, it clearly says "A card game [...] for 1-2 players".

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If only we had a magical box to where you type the question and get the answer. Ah, found it:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror...

FFG Page wrote:
You and your friend (or up to three friends with two Core Sets) become characters [...]
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hotovec
msg tools
mbmbmb
with only one core box, there are only enough cards to build 2 decks, so in order to play 3 or 4 players the group you plan to play with will need to have 2 cores total. with 2 core sets you will have enough cards to make 4 decks, possibly even 5.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you asking whether you're confused, or stating it?
10 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

yes the game is 1-4p, even though you need to put at least 2 boxes together.

To add on the confusion: If you get 4 core boxes would it play with 8?

That would be insane...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should use the search function, you'd find at least a dozen other posts in the last two months asking this same question and getting the same answers.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:

yes the game is 1-4p, even though you need to put at least 2 boxes together.

To add on the confusion: If you get 4 core boxes would it play with 8?

That would be insane...



Theoretically, you could buy 200 core boxes and ask 400 persons to follow the rules of the game...rather than playing I would call it "torture", though
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
I am pretty sure the rules state that you can only have one of a unique card in play at one time, and each investigator is unique.

So with just core boxes the game would top out at five. Of course you could do whatever you want, but I believe the rules limit one of each investigator in a game no matter how many cores you buy
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the per-investigator variables would probably make more than 4 messy, and the game is scaled for 1-4.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KateGamer80 wrote:
ANNNNNND another potential new player to the game made to feel bad for asking a question. What a great community this game has.


ANNND another internet cowboy arrived to town to bring justice and start flamewars, thinking that he alone is pure and free of all corruption.

There, I'll bite. The guy asked a repeated question, gave it a poor title and:

1) most importantly: got his answer (multiple times)
2) was pointed that he didn't read the box and FFG articles properly
3) was pointed that it doesn't hurt to look for the same question asked previously, because multiples of the same question actually HURT other users (also new), because they have to plow through a pile of similar stuff, without proper titles
4) noone told him that he is stupid, should get cancer or something of similar horrible sort

I'd say, a pretty happy outcome, don't you think?

Being new to something doesn't free you from thinking or getting to know the rules of the place you look for help in. You know, the rules, this community (and every other) is built upon.

--

OP: this game is quite confusing, when it comes to gamer-friendliness. It is a cooperative game, but the selling model is targeted for single gamer and it encourages (to a certain extent) everyone to bring their own copy (or even two!) for a gaming night. If you're a hardcore card gamer, you will probably be ok with this. Otherwise, chances are, this is a far-from-ideal pick, if you think about a coop game you can play with friends using a single box one of you can buy.
19 
 Thumb up
6.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DouglasLondon wrote:
KateGamer80 wrote:
ANNNNNND another potential new player to the game made to feel bad for asking a question. What a great community this game has.


I've said since this game came out that the LoTR communtiy is much friendlier.


People are getting insane... That's the Old Ones influence...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MountainMaverick wrote:
rattkin wrote:


There, I'll bite. The guy asked a repeated question, gave it a poor title and:

1) most importantly: got his answer (multiple times)
2) was pointed that he didn't read the box and FFG articles properly
3) was pointed that it doesn't hurt to look for the same question asked previously, because multiples of the same question actually HURT other users (also new), because they have to plow through a pile of similar stuff, without proper titles
4) noone told him that he is stupid, should get cancer or something of similar horrible sort

I'd say, a pretty happy outcome, don't you think?

Being new to something doesn't free you from thinking or getting to know the rules of the place you look for help in. You know, the rules, this community (and every other) is built upon.



Multiple questions don't hurt me. I like answering new people's questions. How about just ignore question you deem to be beneath you next time?



What about what he said indicated that the question wa s"beneath" him? Nothing.

It's about teaching a man to fish. If people can learn to search for a topic rather than post new ones, the community benefits by focusing the discussion in one area rather than expanding it to many. Less clutter is a pleasant byproduct.
9 
 Thumb up
6.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
DouglasLondon wrote:
KateGamer80 wrote:
ANNNNNND another potential new player to the game made to feel bad for asking a question. What a great community this game has.


I've said since this game came out that the LoTR communtiy is much friendlier.


People are getting insane... That's the Old Ones influence...


Be quiet, you must not mention his name!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.