Subject: New type of card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
No, this is not a proposed variant.

Lord_Aethan wrote:
Later expansions will probably always include more cards, although not necessarily only project or corporation cards

This bit came from a thread on the Hellas & Elysium page. Some other kind of card? I am intrigued. What are you crazy Fryxes up to now ...

Anyone care to speculate? I am struggling to think up a card-based mechanic that could not be handled by existing project cards (which already include events, effects, actions, attacks, etc) or corporations (which provide variable player powers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Additional Milestones or Awards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martian Event Cards. Things like sandstorms, radiation, meteor showers, etc. These could affect players' abilities to play certain cards or could prevent or allow certain tiles from being played. I'm sure that the designers could easily create 30+ events that could alter strategies each generation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Herman
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere they mentioned "celebrities".

Maybe these work like events, but get removed from the game after they are played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Young, rich and sexy wrote:
Somewhere they mentioned "celebrities".

Maybe these work like events, but get removed from the game after they are played.

I think "Celebrities" is an award on one of the new maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the time-span of the game, I could see a type of technology card that, for a few rounds, benefits the player who played it, then goes into general effect for all players.

For example, that card (New Building Techniques or something like that) that makes each steel and titanium worth an additional +1 money for that player for the rest of the game would become a general bonus for everyone else.

Another idea would be some kind of event cards for what's happening on Earth. Each corp's income every generation is coming from the World Government. Well, what if they can't pay or have other priorities for a while or need to do other things? Creating a varying timeline running in the background can add even more replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.