Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Foster
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I jumped in and bought both starter sets and 10 boosters without knowing too much about this game. Turns out I am not going to be able to get this to the table at all. So, with that being said, how do you go about trading something like this? There is no way to list the individual cards I acquired.

If anyone has any suggestions at any interest in my collection, I would appreciate any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you could list your collection here : http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/starwarsdestiny/star-war...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Foster0077 wrote:
There is no way to list the individual cards I acquired.

Why?

Find out what the cards you are worth on the 2ndary market and come up with a number from that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Fillingham
msg tools
mbmb
I have to admit, CCGs are new for me, but I'm finding trading to be a very fun aspect of it. I've gotten to meet some very nice people. Of course, it helps that I'm in a relatively vibrant gaming community and SWD has caught on pretty big.

My "connections" for the most part started on Facebook. The store I frequent has a Facebook page and people there started to bargain. Then, someone had the great idea of starting a Facebook group just for setting up trades.

There, people would list what they had and what they needed (and often times they'd be at the store). In comments you would do your bargaining.

Everyone I've traded with has been very careful to look out not only for their best interests but the interest of a fair trade as well. My initial reflex was to trade Legendary for Legendary, etc., but quickly found out that not all Legendaries are created equal. It helps to know the value of your card from a source like Miniature Market and trade on value, but if you're desperate, the old Legendary for Legendary tactic works too.

I hope this helps and have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Search for Facebook Destiny groups in your area. They should have posts with cards for sale/trade. Just copy their format and conventions for posting and post your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.