Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Beau Severson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I've been fleshing out rules for this dungeon-based trick-taking game. I have 4 suits in the game. They correspond to Adventurers, Enemies, Gear, and Loot.

Every round a player plays the first card to the trick and everyone else tries to follow. If you can not you can Slough a card and trigger a Slough ability on the card.

Some cards may also have Follow abilities that trigger when following and may change up the trick in progress. The enemy cards are the penalty cards and will mean damage to your character.

These are the early rules and I'm looking for some feedback on a few things in particular.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xepjFVrAE0ssWp3oqOI_OBGd...

Feedback questions:

1. Do the rules make sense by reading through them in the current structure?

2. Does the damage system make sense. The first person to 100 damage ends the game, and the character with the least damage wins?

3. Is there a more thematic way to track scoring, such as tokens that represent your character's health?

Any other feedback is also appreciated. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Moffat
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

1. Yes, it looks to be almost functionally the same as hearts except some cards have triggered abilities and a few can reduce your damage?

2. Yes, seems to.

3. I have no issue with tracking number like that. I think it's standard fare for trick-taking games.

Likely, a game like this will be fun/interesting based on the special "follow" and "slough" powers you noted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Severson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I'm hoping the card abilities should add a fun twist to the hearts game. I'm going to be running some prototypes this coming weekend to see how it fits together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.