Agility» Forums » General

Subject: How much 'take that" is there in this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
My wife and I prefer co-ops as we prefer working together instead of against each other. But sometimes we need a break from constant co-ops, so we seek a friendly vs game.

Is this game friendly or mean? Does it have 'take that', bluffing, backstabbing, etc.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's mostly friendly! The way the game is set up, you can tailor the available actions to your preferences (or just do it randomly.) Some of the available actions (Intimidate, Distraction, Slip, and Rush) do have a "Take That" effect, but they're minor inconveniences, not ruin-your-day smackdowns. And if they don't suit your play style you can leave them out and still get a lot of mileage out of a more friendly competition.

Plus, even if your opponent manages to use a take that effect at a really critical moment, it fits the theme so well that I barely notice. Having done some canine agility when I was younger, it's really easy for things to not go according to plan. Even though my opponent is triggering the effect, I never picture them as a rival trainer doing something to sabotage my dog. I just imagine that my dog is over-excited and in need of a little more coaxing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo what Pete said. My wife and I don't enjoy take that, so we played the game enough to try all the aspects out, and just don't include the ones we didn't enjoy. This is a great 2 player game, especially if you love dogs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.