Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: Multiple saves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As I undersand it, if I have multiple copies of the action deck, I could have multiple savegames. Is this true ? Or do I need something else to save ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miche
Germany
flag msg tools
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat...
badge
I see dead people...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why you would have multiple copies of the action deck. There's only one action deck. I don't think you can (or even should) have several on-going games in parallel.

Unless of course you buy two games, but those are then independent anyway...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately you would need a second set of many green, yellow and grey cards too because they can be items and state and food cards.

For a second save you have to note or take a picture of all cards of the players, the backback and so on...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Rasmussen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole state of the game world, like what cards have been banished etc, is a part of the save state as well. There's a mechanic around certain events getting rid of green cards to let you draw the gold ones when you get there, and so on.

So no. At least, I don't think so.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrir wrote:
The whole state of the game world, like what cards have been banished etc, is a part of the save state as well. There's a mechanic around certain events getting rid of green cards to let you draw the gold ones when you get there, and so on.

So no. At least, I don't think so.

^^This.

While you could save the game state for multiple concurrent games, you'd have to keep track of the current state of any adventure card (the green/gold ones) currently out of place for each game, and re-arrange those cards each time you switch campaigns.

I don't think it would be *impossible* to do that, but the bookkeeping would likely be increasingly painful, the further into each campaign you get. (Note that it's my understanding that many of the numbered adventure cards have multiple versions for a particular number, so you'd have to record more than just the card number!)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Note that it's my understanding that many of the numbered adventure cards have multiple versions for a particular number, so you'd have to record more than just the card number!

The cards will also have unique id numbers on them, so that may help for doing something like this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HolisticDeveloper wrote:
Becq wrote:
Note that it's my understanding that many of the numbered adventure cards have multiple versions for a particular number, so you'd have to record more than just the card number!

The cards will also have unique id numbers on them, so that may help for doing something like this.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. That would make this sort of thing a lot more feasible -- but I think the bookkeeping still falls into the realm of "painful" even with that feature.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it that you would be playing this game with friends and solo at the same time?

If so, yes this will work. But on the down side, you would need mutiles of the green/yellow cards. As some will be removed from the game. And when you restart the game, after a save, you will be rediscovering the land again. One time events happen "one time." If you play two different games with these same cards, you will relive these one time event many times in the same game group.

Ego, to play the game in multiple groups/solo at the same time requires extra copies...sorry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for this debate. You're right Barry, the goal is to play solo and with friends at the same time.... maybe starting with two different curses (different starting locations ?) would ease the pain... I'll see when the game comes-in
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think separate banished desks would help on this issue. may be you need 3 banished deck(one for solo only, one for groups only, and one for both)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cori226 wrote:
I think separate banished desks would help on this issue. may be you need 3 banished deck(one for solo only, one for groups only, and one for both)

No, because if you have only one copy of the game, you'd want the banished cards from one campaign to be present in the second game (ie, back in the deck, and not in a separate banished deck), and vice versa, unless they were banished in both games. And there are other states a card can be in besides "banished or not banished".

So you'd have to start one game, then write down ALL of the state information (which cards were still in the box, which were banished, which were in player's inventories, or in the action deck, etc. Then you'd have to completely reset the game and start your second game. Then you have to record all of the state information for that one, then reset to the first game's state from your notes, and so on.

Technically possible, but very painful. Taking pictures of the cards from each state might help. And if someone was *really* dedicated, it seems like it would be possible to create an app that would let you "scan" (photo + image recognition) the cards for each state to help with record keeping. (Though it wouldn't help with physical adding/subtracting of cards during the resets.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was hoping multiple saves was going to be possible. But after reading through the rules, I'm sure the answer is a resounding "NO".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Becq wrote:
cori226 wrote:
I think separate banished desks would help on this issue. may be you need 3 banished deck(one for solo only, one for groups only, and one for both)

No, because if you have only one copy of the game, you'd want the banished cards from one campaign to be present in the second game (ie, back in the deck, and not in a separate banished deck), and vice versa, unless they were banished in both games. And there are other states a card can be in besides "banished or not banished".

So you'd have to start one game, then write down ALL of the state information (which cards were still in the box, which were banished, which were in player's inventories, or in the action deck, etc. Then you'd have to completely reset the game and start your second game. Then you have to record all of the state information for that one, then reset to the first game's state from your notes, and so on.

Technically possible, but very painful. Taking pictures of the cards from each state might help. And if someone was *really* dedicated, it seems like it would be possible to create an app that would let you "scan" (photo + image recognition) the cards for each state to help with record keeping. (Though it wouldn't help with physical adding/subtracting of cards during the resets.)


I said "would help", it means, you still need to do some adjustments by yourself:
e.g, you can put those banish desks (2of3) back into the core game with a 3M bookmark on. It may spoils the game a little bit, as your friends may know you tried that card before. But it "would helps" you to find out those Solo Banish Only / Group Banish Only / Solo&Group Banish Desk, when you won't miss them in the game.

Of cause you still need to figure it out how to mark the food cards / action cards. But I think a sticker on the front side (on sleeves) "would help".

it's not a prefect method, but in my opinion, it still lesser pain than mark down all the cards id and found it out again every single times when you change from solo mode to group mode or the other way round.


Let's wait for another few months until we can find out the answer :)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andr Sommerh
msg tools
mb
SaturnNitrik creates a google sheet for multiple game save. It can help a lot with the cards bookkeeping for multiple saved games. I'm planning to start to use it with some less frequent player friends (maybe combined with some postit to speed the setup a bit, not sure yet). The link:

SaturnNitrik's Post:
https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/841/...

link to SaturnNitrik's google sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NtdpwkVve2KDmXy-Zxrq...

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Belcher

South Carolina
msg tools
asommerh wrote:
SaturnNitrik creates a google sheet for multiple game save. It can help a lot with the cards bookkeeping for multiple saved games. I'm planning to start to use it with some less frequent player friends (maybe combined with some postit to speed the setup a bit, not sure yet). The link:

SaturnNitrik's Post:
https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/841/...

link to SaturnNitrik's google sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NtdpwkVve2KDmXy-Zxrq...



thank you! I plan on trying this tonight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wilker
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That google sheet does work quickly for saving. I seem to have a mismatch in my action/discard deck, but besides logging my save with this, I also took a photo of our map so far. Will find out next week if it works well or not!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.