Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it if you don't select an Apex dinosaur to fight with your action, your Alpha comes out to fight.

That being said, if your Ambush point has only your Alpha, you are dead because it doesn't matter if you use your action to place an Apex in the ambush because your Alpha has to come out.

Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paschal
United States
Sanford
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me re-read the rules for it, I had very little (almost no) part in making the Battle Royale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
If I'm reading you right (I may not be)

If you can't (or don't) select an Apex to fight, you retrieve your Apex from your deck or discard pile? That seems to be how you've written it, I could be wrong.

You respond to the alpha battle with what's in your hand, and MAY add the contents of your Ambush Point, if you so desire. If you have nothing to defend with...you lose nothing. They wasted an attack, and you (probably) get a better hand for the next round.

If you have nothing Apex-wise in hand, but your Alpha is sequestered in your Ambush Point, the same is also true. you don't HAVE to defend with your Ambush.

Hope this helped. Also, hope I read you right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's not so much that you lose nothing so much as they gain the carcass and, subsequently, the extra action(s) it provides.

The long and short of it: Battle Royale is the one, gigantic, major, burning flaw in an otherwise outstanding, beautiful and fun game.

If I may be so bold, I recommend playing the game as written EXCEPT I recommend selecting one Boss per player and their respective Minions. Play until the last Boss is defeated and count up those Victory Points to see who won!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pr0phetbg wrote:

If you can't (or don't) select an Apex to fight, you retrieve your Apex from your deck or discard pile? That seems to be how you've written it, I could be wrong.

You respond to the alpha battle with what's in your hand, and MAY add the contents of your Ambush Point, if you so desire. If you have nothing to defend with...you lose nothing. They wasted an attack, and you (probably) get a better hand for the next round.

If you have nothing Apex-wise in hand, but your Alpha is sequestered in your Ambush Point, the same is also true. you don't HAVE to defend with your Ambush.

I think you are giving me the rules for an Alpha Battle not a Battle Royal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Well, it's not so much that you lose nothing so much as they gain the carcass and, subsequently, the extra action(s) it provides.

The long and short of it: Battle Royale is the one, gigantic, major, burning flaw in an otherwise outstanding, beautiful and fun game.

If I may be so bold, I recommend playing the game as written EXCEPT I recommend selecting one Boss per player and their respective Minions. Play until the last Boss is defeated and count up those Victory Points to see who won!

I'm liking that idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
BigMacRepair wrote:
pr0phetbg wrote:

I think you are giving me the rules for an Alpha Battle not a Battle Royal.

LOL You're absolutely right. I'm so sorry I did that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.