Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, I have the original FFG set, and the revised core FFG set, as well as several FFG unit packs.

I was wondering, are any of the larger expansion packs worth buying?

Are some units only useable when used with certain expansion packs?

(The transports, for example, seem too large for the basic map that comes with the original FFG starter kit, but maybe it is ok?)

I am specifically referring to the below expansions:

Dust Tactics: Operation Icarus
Dust Tactics: Operation Seelowe
Dust Tactics: Operation Cyclone
Dust Tactics: Operation Hades
Dust Tactics: Operation Zverograd

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
the operation boxes were ways of bringing new units and abilities in the game.

all those rules are still available on ffgs website if you have a unit with an unknown ability.

As for map size. The revised core set has a large paper map. the original core set had a small map... but more tiles could be found in Cyclone and Seelowe boxes, as well as the map pack tiles expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The units in the expansion games can be used in any other scenario. However, for certain units, such as helicopters (although the minis are not in an expansion), you will need an expansion to get the rules for us in them. Other rules were introduced in the expansions, as well. All of them, I believe - certainly most, are still available from the Dust Studio website, so you can look over the descriptions and decide whether there is anything you want. The units included tend to be additional Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be specific:

Icarus - Axis Hero Panzerprinz, Allied Hero Sergeant Victory, quanset huts.

Seelowe - Axis Hero Marcus, Allied Hero (not sure which), buildings.

Cyclone - One Axis Hero, one Allied Hero, rules for artillery, amphibious invasions, more.

Hades - SSU Superhuman Winter Child, rules for fighting underground.

Zverograd - SSU Hero Koshka with her personal walker Grandma (that can be used without Koshka), rules for airborne units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Siegel
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'd like, PM me and I can send you all of the expansions as PDFs. The only drawback is that they do not contain the scenarios (except for Operation: Hades--whomever edited the PDF never took them out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You can review all the Operations here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.