Michel Chaussé
Canada
Sherbrooke
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Boardgamegeeks!

So i bought this game on sales lately only to realize how there are so many rules missing in the game. After spending too much time find each and every questions i had, i found a video on Kickstarter of this game's campaign. The video has mistakes in it, but it covers most gameplay. So I answered most of the common question I’ve had and saw in the BGG forum from the gameplay video of KS.

I REALLY enjoyed the gameplay of the game, the thematic is fantastic, and you must have the expansion with the 16 new monster and new unit, otherwise the base game lacks in replayability. Enjoy the destruction!

So here's a quick Rules for you city destruction amateurs ;-)
This is not a complete rule book, you still need them.

Setup :

- Nothing much to say there other than you DON'T start with any unit on the board. The setup is clear in the rules.
- Only the survivors and the monster and building are on the board.
- Shuffle the MISSION ACCOMPLISHED with the 5 last card (6 total) and put it at the bottom of the monster deck.
- Give 1 role each player. That feature is available during YOUR turn.
- Choose a first player.

PLAYERS WILL GO THROUGH ALL PHASES ONE AFTER THE OTHER :
Player 1 do Phase 1-2-3-4-5 THEN Player 2 do Phase 1-2-3-4-5 etc...

Phase 1 : Exhaust events
- If at the beginning of your turn you have an Event Card (or more) you exhaust it by tapping it. (Turn it on the side). (This is an event card that you might have got on your previous turn after hitting a monster, more on that in Phase 3).

Phase 2 : Move units
- On your first turn of the game, you have 6 units in your reserve. (On your little board)
- You MAY place up to 4 of them on the board entering from ANY side of the board.
- You must respect the movement limitation of each unit
- Entering the board takes 1 movement point (MP).
- If a unit is STUN, it takes all MPs of that unit to unStun.
- Units move orthogonally. (Up, down, left, right)
- Units can't go off the board. (No transfer to the other side like the monster)
- Before your moves, you can discard UP TO TWO monster card of the current player to transfer a destroyed unit into the reserve units. (Max 6 total counting units on the board and reserve) ( You get these cards in Phase 3 and Phase 5).
- Tanks
Have 4 MPs.
Turning 90 degrees takes 1 MP.
The cannon must be in the direction where you want to hit.
Tanks can't go on tile with building or monster.
Tanks can pass through other units but can't stop there.

- Helicopters have 3 MPs.
No need for turning it moves freely.
It can shoot in all direction
Nothing block Line of Sight. (it flies above buildings)
It cannot go ONTO OR THROUGH a monster or a fire.

- Survivors
If at any point, you pass through a Survivor (no need to stop) you collect the survivor token.
Survivor on the ground can be rescued by tank and helicopter.
Survivor on building can ONLY be rescued by helicopter.
You don't need to stop, you can keep going.

- Once all units movements are over, you MAY (why wouldn't you?) draw 1 survivor card (and only one) if you saved at least one survivor. Resolve the card.

Phase 3 - Units Attack

- Each unit with the capacity to hit CAN do so.
- You choose the order in which they attack (choose carefully!)
- A stun unit cannot move, but it CAN attack
- If a stun unit gets stunned again, it's destroyed.
- You roll 1D6 for each attacking units.
- If number is EQUAL or HIGHER than the number of spaces between the attacking unit and the monster (counting the first square of the monster in the range) then your hit is successful.
If Success: You draw a card, resolve the card. (More on this in the Phase 4 explanations)
If the card DOES NOT destroy a building, survivor or units, THE ACTIVE PLAYER can keep the monster card for a future use. (See Phase 2)
If the card is marked with EVENT, you place it in front of the active player, this even affect ALL TEAMS until the beginning of this player's next turn.
If the monster card says the monster ATTACK, it need to roll for rang to succeed. There are no Critical Miss for the Monster. Just miss.
If attacker fails: Nothing happens UNLESS you hit a 1, which is a CRITICAL MISS, then the closest building of the attacker WITHOUT A FIRE TOKEN catches on fire. Note that if a helicopter or survivor is on a building and roll a 1, that helicopter / survivor is destroyed.

- Anything the monster steps on is destroyed. (Building, units, survivors)
- If a fire erupt on a tile where a helicopter or a survivor his, they are destroyed.
- IF a survivor is killed, move forward the Survivor marker by 1.
- IF a building is destroyed, move forward the Building marker by 1.

Phase 4 - Move the Monster

- You roll the monster die.
- The monster’s space are 2x2 so the board, for the Monster has 5x5 space total, where for the units, the board is 10x10. See the picture in the rules.
- Depending on the die you use (there are 4 monster dice once you have the expansion) the monster will always move at least one space. So follow the rulebook on this.
- The monster will always go forward 1 after turning or a Monster Blast.
- The monster will GO THROUGH the edge of the board, he continues on the opposite side.
- Anything the monster steps on is destroyed. (Building, units, survivors)
- IF a survivor is killed, move forward the Survivor marker by 1.
- IF a building is destroyed, move forward the Building marker by 1.

Phase 5 - Building collapse, place survivor back and remove exhausted events.

Building Collapse
- If the Building Collapse marker reached 10, the active player will remove a building OF HIS CHOICE. The building destroyed this way also increase by one the Building Collapse marker. If this Building caused the marker to hit 20, you DON’T destroy a second one this turn.
- If the building Collapse marker reached 20, the active player CHOOSES 2 buildings to destroy and move the marker 2 notches again.

Survivors
- If survivors were saved or destroyed, they are placed back on the board one at a time by rolling the two provided D10 dices.
- If there is a Unit, a fire or a monster on the tile where the survivor would be placed, re-roll them until the tile is free.

Exhaust events cards
- If the active player has exhausted events (tapped) in front of him, he put those cards in that player's monster card pile. (The ones you gained)
End of that player’s turn.
Proceed with Phase 1 for next player.

GAME END:
The game ends in one of the four ways:
1. If the Mission Accomplished card is drawn, the players win.
2. If one team had no units in play and in reserve, the monster wins.
3. If all 30 buildings have collapsed, the monster wins.
4. If the Survivor Loss track reaches 5, the monster wins.

ADDITIONNAL COMMENTS
- I personally see no interest of playing the game with more than 2 players.
- You can scale up or down many things in the game to adapt the difficulty level:
Up/down the number of Survivor on the board at all time
Up/down the number of Survivor Loss maximum (5 by default)
With the expansion, you can choose from 4 difficulty dice.
You can tweak the unit you want with the expansions.
You can up/down the number of Collapsed Building before including the 1/2 building collapse at Phase 5. (Easier game with 1 building to destroy after the marker reaches 15 instead of 10).

- There are a LOT of luck involved in the game, this is mostly a FUN game where you try to survive a city being rapidly destroyed by monsters, so enjoy the destruction, if you lose, this can be quite fun in the way it happens!

Hoping those rules recap are easier to understand, if anyone want to reuse this to do a clean file, you are more than welcome, this is not something I’m very good at! ;-)

I have no contact with the game creator, and I don’t intend to say this is the absolute facts about this game, but I made this for my benefit and now sharing it with other people to clarify many points. If there are obvious mistakes, mention it and point me where you got the info and I’ll correct it. I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do! ;-)

Have fun,
Sanitee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work on the rules wrap up. I see one thing that is off pertaining to Survivor cards/rescued survivors.

Page 3:
Survivor Cards - "If you rescue at least one survivor during your turn, you can choose to draw A survivor card after all units finish moving."

You don't draw 1 card for each survivor you rescue, it's always just 1 even if you rescue 3 on your turn.

All in all, well done and this game is super fun, hard but also very thematic with tons of replay-ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Chaussé
Canada
Sherbrooke
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed you are right! Although i think thematically that makes more sence to have one for each, the rules are indeed clear. I will change this! At the same time each cards give big advantages and they are not really hard to save lol...

Thank you for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way the building collapse rules are written in the rule confuse the hell out of me.

The "each turn" part is confusing. How many buildings are you supposed to destroy when you get to 10?

Are you supposed to destryoy one every turn and who does it every turn? The rules for this are soo off. I dont get it at all!

Very confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank McGirk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helicopters only have 3 movement points, not 5, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Chaussé
Canada
Sherbrooke
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, 3 MP i just corrected this! Thanks for noticing,I just got the game out and refered back to this and saw your question... with couples of months of delays lol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.