Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Heller
United States
Riverview
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My family and I love the game, plus I enjoy playing with others. Besides the subpar quality of the marbles (IE: chips and holes), my biggest complaint is with the dispenser. Don't get me wrong, it's alright but what I really wish for is a more solid device. Anyone know of a third party solution out there? Something maybe in the works down the line (IE: Broken Token, Meeple Realty, etc)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I found it pretty solid after it's properly set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I glued mine.
It makes it sturdier, and prevents some parts from disassemble, whixch is something that was happening to me.

Also, somewhere in the files section are the plans to make a dispenser out of laser cut wooden boards, and pics as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, dabs of super glue at all the connections, and it's solid as a rock. Well, a cardboard rock. But it works great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duckster wrote:
Yup, dabs of super glue at all the connections, and it's solid as a rock. Well, a cardboard rock. But it works great.

I used 'white glue' takes longer to dry but dries transparent, and some super glues leave some white buffs due to released vapors.

Also gives you some time to properly slide the parts while gluing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

As one of the designers I've used the dispensers a lot for testing and transporting and I have to say they keep up quite well.

Yet, to my knowledge there are at least a pair of artisans on Etsy who build wooden dispensers on demand. You may want to check there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castef wrote:
Hello!

As one of the designers (...)

Nice work!

That's, as far as I can tell, the solution to have such an artifact on the table without going crazy on the price
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noelani Lee
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's one!! So awesome!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/481218235/potion-explosion-marb...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyNoelaniLee wrote:

I must confess that the way the marbles get unaligned on that one, would make me crazy... also the lack of art on the dispenser makes me wish more the original one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Heller
United States
Riverview
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
HappyNoelaniLee wrote:

I must confess that the way the marbles get unaligned on that one, would make me crazy... also the lack of art on the dispenser makes me wish more the original one.

I like it but I agree that it's missing the flavor of the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Heller
United States
Riverview
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
I glued mine.
It makes it sturdier, and prevents some parts from disassemble, whixch is something that was happening to me.

Also, somewhere in the files section are the plans to make a dispenser out of laser cut wooden boards, and pics as well.

Great. I'll check that out. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xmorridin wrote:
goryon wrote:
I glued mine.

The plans for the wood DYI, I mentionned are this: link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Heller
United States
Riverview
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
xmorridin wrote:
goryon wrote:
I glued mine.

The plans for the wood DYI, I mentionned are this: link

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
During two of the previous weeks Boardgame Breakfast (a Dice Tower show) has had segments on the Boardgame Makeover which rebuilt Potion Explosion from scratch using a new dispenser and the balls from the board game Dimension.

First segment starts at 29:25.

The second segment starts at 29:00.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.