The Isle of Doctor Necreaux» Forums » Rules

Subject: What is classed as a Turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Is the term 'Turn' from the beginning of a particular round when I draw the first card until when I've reached the Speed counter and drawn the last card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
From the start of the Move/Rest phase to the end of the Move/Rest phase/ is one Turn.

You will also find some characters have skills which allow them to Charge their characters skill at the Beginning of a Rest phase. These free Charges can be gained in addition to the free Charges gained from performing the Rest phase itself (as long as they are already face up).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Short Answer:
Rob "zombiegod" Robinson's answer is correct. You may be interested to know we're about to Kickstart an improved and revised second edition. Check out the BGG page at The Island of Doctor Necreaux: Second Edition for more info.

Long Answer:
A Necreaux Turn
Your turn starts with you deciding whether you're going to Rest or Explore. Things that happen at the start of the turn (like putting a charge on Psychic Blaster) happen now - before you decide to Rest or Explore.

Any one of the following can trigger the end of your turn:
1) When the Draw marker reaches the Speed marker.
2) When a card tells you to end your turn.
3) When all agents are dead.
4) When you retreat from a monster.
5) Completing all of your rest activities (if you chose to rest).

At the end of your turn, move the countdown marker one step closer to zero. You may end the game if you have the Escape Shuttle. If the marker is on zero and you have not ended the game, the game ends with all the agents being blown to Kingdom Come. If the marker is not on zero, start another turn.

Necreaux Second Edition
We're just about to launch a Kickstarter for The Island of Doctor Necreaux: Second Edition. You'll find art previews on its BGG page and and a PDF of the rules in the forums: The Island of Doctor Necreaux: Second Edition

We're really excited about it! All-new full-color art, cards and rules re-written from BGG fan feedback, a special introductory setup, and new ways to scale difficulty from introductory play to "classic" (first edition) Necreaux to super-challenging. We're fans of it! We hope you'll like it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the answer(s)so far.

Great news for the new edition. If it's anything like the first one it should be amazing. The sensation of speed as you plough through the deck towards the end is fantastic in this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.